Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eadams
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Engineer Charge Disput

The intermittent problem with my phone was reported to BT back in October. I was told that if a fault was found on the inside of the property that I would incur a charge of £129.99. As I am a loyal customer of 35+ years this was then reduced to £79.99 if the fault was inside the property. The first engineer that attended was very thorough and could not find a fault (the phone was back working at the time of his visit) . He went away and a few days later the fault developed again!! BT were called and another engineer was sent out.  Again he could not find a fault with the equipment or internal wiring. He then checked outside the property and told me that there was a fault with the wire on the telgraph pole. He was not able to fix it that day and came back the following day. He then replaced the wire from the telegraph pole to my house, this was the original wire that had been there since I moved into the property 35+ years ago. I have been in contact with BT today after recieving a bill with a £85 engineer charge. After over an hour speaking to an advisor about this, he looked at the report and said that he could not see why I was being charged, but told me that he would have to pass the complaint to th BT review team. My neice has since had a call from them and has been told that they were upholding the charge as apparently a wire had been cut on my property. My neice disputed this with the lady I spoke to as I feel that if a wire had been cut I would not have had a phone line at all. I fail to see how a wire has been cut. The lady my neice spoke to ended up being quite rude and abrupt. When  asked how she could esculate this complaint was told that the review teams decision is final. When asked for a copy of the report, was told to go online. I do not have internet access and do not use a computer, I am 82 years old. My neice is helping me write this at the moment on her computer. When this was explained was given an address to write to for a copy of the report. Please could someone help with this and tell me where I should go next. Many thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Engineer Charge Disput

Welcome to the forum. I'm asking the moderators here (BT staff) to look into this for you and they will be in touch later.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 3 of 8

Hi @eadams Sorry that you have received an unexpected engineering visit charge on your latest bill and that you were unable to resolve this when you called.

These charge disputes are dealt with by a dedicated team and we will be happy to get them to look into this charge for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
eadams
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I can't see any messages!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@eadams wrote:
I can't see any messages!!

Try https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

eadams
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Message found and reply sent. Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @eadams I can see that we have received your details. We aim to respond within 48hrs although it may take longer at busier periods but rest assured once you reach the top of our queue one of the team will be in touch to help you with this.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Message 8 of 8

Hi @eadams Thanks for sending over your details. I can see that the team who deal with the engineer charging disputes closed the complaint but you had asked to escalate it. I have therefore opened the complaint about the engineer visit charge again and added your comments and asked them to review again.

They are the only team who can maintain/refund engineering visit charges and they should be in touch with you again within 72hrs. Please keep the thread updated.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings