cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alouise1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Engineer cancelled, order delayed, mixed messages from everyone!

Order placed for landline/broadband 20th June over the phone - all smooth and engineer scheduled for 13th July between 1 - 6.

Noticed yellow 'delay' notes in the order section on 'My BT', and recieved a delay text message, so conducted an online chat to see what was going on. Moving to a rural area with no signal at all so really need at least a landline for safety. Was told not to worry and that everyone was on track, engineer will be visiting as scheduled. The chat person even said they were going to lodge a complaint as I was being given mixed signals. Was told I would be contacted in 24 hours - this was not the case

The next day I received a text message stating that the engineer was no longer going to be coming and sorry for the incovenience. Delay, blah blah blah. Called BT and was put through to the connections team. The person on the phone said that the delay was due to an issue with the provider and to call back in 48 hours time if I hadn't received an update.

However, order still showing as progressing in 'My BT'.

Being given mixed messages from everyone! I know it's not their issue that I am moving to a rural property but having given ample notice to get this sorted I am concerned this will not be sorted by the time I move in. 

Any advice from anybody who has been in this position would be grately appreciated 🙂 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Engineer cancelled, order delayed, mixed messages from everyone!

Hi @alouise1991,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry there has been a delay with your order.

I'd like to take a look at what is happening with your order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
alouise1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi @PaddyB,

Thankyou so much, I think I have sent you the details via the contact the mods form 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @alouise1991 Thanks for your PM and sorry your service is not working. 

I called earlier as I have tested your line and it's picking up a fault at or near your premises sorry I could not reach you. Before booking and engineer please can you check out How to test your phone line and check your telephone equipment  and post back and let me know how you get on. If an engineer appointment is required we do need to advise of a charge of £129.99 before booking an appointment and therefore by completing these checks in the video you will be able to eliminate the possibility that the fault is with your equipment.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
alouise1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Completed all the steps in the video which was quite hard when I have no mobile signal or internet! Broadband still not working (orange power light and static orange 'b').
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@alouise1991 Thanks for doing the checks, I'm afraid I can't see any details from you in our email queue so we'll need you to use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
alouise1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

I have been in contact with StephanieG for over 2 months. **************** does this ref help at all? If not I am due to speak with her when she is back in on Wednesday.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@alouise1991 Thanks that helps a lot. @StephanieG is off at the moment but I can see my colleague @RobbieMac is due to get in contact with you today. I've let him know that you've posted.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @alouise1991

I tried calling you back this afternoon but wasn't able to reach you.

Thanks for completing those checks.  I was calling to arrange for an engineer to go out and try to identify the fault.  Can you reply to let me know a suitable day next week?  Alternatively, if you can give me the best number to call and I'll give you another shout to chat you over the phone Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
alouise1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi! Please could you call the landline? I have no signal at home. I will be home until 1.30. Thanks very much! 🙂
0 Ratings