cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Engineer charge

Go to solution

Hi there. Been on the phone with bt for ages now after getting hung up on once, when I phoned back up and was on hold for 20mins it turns out the systems are down and to call back in 30mins.

Was meant to get a part for the master socket sent out by bt free of charge since we didn't have them when i moved in. Was all explained on the online chat and arranged delivery by post.

About a week later an engineer turns up to do it that i didnt request. now i have a charge on this month's bill for £129.99

Is there anyway to resolve this charge or am I just going to cancel it because no way am I paying this.

Edit, all been sorted now. Was an error on system and engineer apparently.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Engineer charge

Go to solution

@Alex6629 

If this is part of a new provision, it should be free if you ordered a phone and broadband package.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Alex6629,

Thank you for posting. If your service has on recently been activated then you would be entitled to a free engineer's visit. If you send me in your details, I'd be more than happy to arrange this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It was self setup, when we moved in it was just bare master socket on the wall.

Edit, all been sorted now. Was an error on system and engineer apparently 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted @Alex6629.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings