cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stuckers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Engineer 'couldn't gain access' ridiculous!

Today an engineer was supposed to visit my property which is a flat above an estate agents, to fit a phone line and set me and my partner up with Internet access.

My old service at my old address was ceased on 8th June. Well the engineer apparently came and said there was no access to my property which is the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard. If there was no access how could we gain access on a duly basis? Or the postman for that matter.

I was told after I rang up that nobody could come before I started work and that I would get a text if anybody could come later on. I didn't receive a text, email nor a phone call. I dont think anyone would have contacted me if I didn't go on the online chat service.

They were also ringing my old telephone number despite me updating that incase of any problems. I'm now told that the next available date for an engineer is in another 13 days. It's not on that we have to wait and pay for another 2 weeks when I have already taken time off work to wait. I cannot afford anymore time off.

I wanted to complain And was told it was sent to a department and when I asked what would be done I got no reply.

This is no way to treat a loyal customer and I won't be paying for this service whilst I don't have it. I also have a bill for after my old service was ceased which I already paid for and don't understand why.

On top of all this on using my mobile data whilst I don't have Internet which is costing me even more money.

I want something done about this.

I would appreciate any help.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Engineer 'couldn't gain access' ridiculous!

The engineer needs access to the inside of your flat an if there is no on there how can he get in
0 Ratings
Stuckers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I was in. I even took time off work to make sure I was there.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Ok your first post did not make it clear someone was in

you are not billed while you have no service
0 Ratings
Stuckers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

That's good news at least. I wasn't told that at any point.

That doesn't explain today though and why that reason was given. The time off work I wont get back and the lost wages. Also why after updating my number and having it confirmed were they ringing my old one? Having to wait another 13 days and taking more time off with more lost wages with no guarantee the same thing won't happen just isn't right.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The engineer are from Openreach not BT and as they work on behalf of all providers the 13 days will be the first available date Openreach can attend at your property
0 Ratings
Stuckers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I fully understand that that's the next appointment but for all the reasons I have been provided and my information being wrong and not being able to take anymore time off I don't think it is correct at all. There's not going to be anything different the next time they visit the property.

The fact I didn't recieve any calls despite the promise I was made is also not on. If openreach work on behalf of bt I expect the service I have been promised on the date agreed and the excuse I was given is not plausible. I will lose even more in wages which I cannot afford to do for a fault that was none of my own doing.
0 Ratings
Stuckers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Resolved. Just complained to head office and was all sorted straight away. Shouldn't have to do that but had no other choice.
0 Ratings