cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrissy29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Engineer fees billing

Had several engineers out since I changed over in July ref speed problems, connection problems, main socket problems, wifi problems, network problems and even billing problems. Each time I contacted bt ref a fault it was always verified first. And they proceeded to send an engineer out. Even Had the hub downgraded to hub 5 when initially I went for BT package because the hub6 as its advertised to have super powers when it comes to wifi. But nope not for us. Anyway looked at bill and have now seen a charge of £129.99 one off engineer fee. I don't feel is justified considering the amount of issues we have had since we only joined in July? Never mind bt got our monthly billing amount wrong and had compensate us for that, we also didn't get our reward card and I had to get the phone call from the initial set up of bt listened too to prove that's what signed up for. Constantly chasing things is time consuming. Few weeks ago I logged that our hub 5 was switching itself on off few times a day and it seemed our speeds were fluctuating up and down. went on chat to be told ther was another network fault and some1 would contact me in 2 days ref engineer call out, never got that call I then rang bk and for our trouble was told we wud get £10 discount and lines wer checked again and network fault logged but bt could not see the fault before recorded. I'm so tired of trying to sort things out and chasing back and forward to bt to rectify things that go wrong it's so time consuming.
I just want the bills to come in as planned from the start and not have to worry, we are not BT engineers here some are not technical like you want us to be. Moving to a new service provider and a new system takes time to get used to.. there should be allowances for that but you should understand you are the professionals here not us. Money like that doesn't come easy to some like you may think.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Engineer fees billing

Hi @Chrissy29 and welcome.

I'm sorry you've had so many problems with BT. The quickest way to get the charge looked at would be to contact our billing live chat team who should be able to help with this. Can you try that and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Chrissy29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hi David if honest I have no confidence in the chat system as iv found a lot of times information isn't logged if at all. I've sent an email though at least it's in writing.
0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Chrissy29 , whenever you use chat ALWAYS request a copy of the conversation you just need to ask the BT end to set it up before you clear down the chat. That way you have proof of what you advised BT and their response.

0 Ratings
Chrissy29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Hi Allan I always asked BT to send me the transcript but they never did as I didn no how to send myself it. One time chat kept me on from 5pm to 9pm tryn sort things out for me but they were that slow that's how long it took .. try doing that when uve kids to sort out. Again no transcript sent. One time I went on to query why we were charged 84p for a call made to bt and made on weekend and was within our plan, and was argued with that the number I rang was an international number when it was BT I was calling. Iv no faith in it.
0 Ratings
Twoey2
Message 6 of 10

The question is why were you charged for the engineer visit? If it's for the main socket problem you mentioned, then they will charge for that, as well as any other fault found to be with your own wiring or equipment. An advisor should have read a statement warning you if the charge. If they didn't then you could be refunded. But I would call BT direct and ask them to listen to the call. But if you were given fair warning, then the charge would stand.
0 Ratings
Chrissy29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi twoey, I’m waiting to hear from BT re the calls, but each time I told them of a fault they checked and verified the fault from their end and I was told I had a problem I mean I’m not that technical I assume BT no what their doing, surely verifying there is a fault is agreeing there is something wrong? .. I’m assuming they wouldn’t send an engineer out otherwise. But red reading out that il be charged no that didn’t happen.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

@Twoey2 wrote:
The question is why were you charged for the engineer visit? If it's for the main socket problem you mentioned, then they will charge for that,

You only get charged for the main socket if it is your fault  see this  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/kw/engineer%20charges/c/345,353

0 Ratings
Chrissy29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

No each time I rang I was told after they did checks that it was a network fault, even had my router changed. Was due a call back yesterday as yet have heard nothing. 😞
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Chrissy29,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings