Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ffew
Message 1 of 3

Engineer hasn't shown up - help

Hia,

A BT engineer was meant to come and install a phone line and my broadband between 8am and 1pm today. I'd received my router by post yesterday. No one has shown up so I spoke with a BT team member over live chat who then called me to explain that the engineer wasn't able to make it due to technical issues in my area. I work in a call centre myself so hate to be angry or complain too much over the phone but I'm a little peeved as I took the day off for this and no one even called ahead to say that's why they couldn't make it. I doubt whether these technical issues are actually the reason behind the no-show after reading similar issues on here.

Anyway the gent I spoke to explained that Openreach would be calling me to rearrange the appointment though he couldn't say when they'd be calling and explained that he'd arrange on my account for me to be compensated for this. I couldn't understand his accent properly so didn't catch everything he was saying and am really in the dark now about what's going on and when my broadband will actually be installed. It was over 2 weeks ago that I actually placed my original order so I'm worried about how much longer I'll have to wait.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Engineer hasn't shown up - help

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Engineer hasn't shown up - help

Hi @ffew

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry that the engineer didn't arrive today to install your services.  I appreciate that you have taken the day off work to be available for the engineer.

Send us over your details and we'll check what happened.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings