cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jb15
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Engineer no show -Stuck between a rock and a hard place

I had an appointment booked today sometime between 1-6pm. I received a text from BT notifying me of the appointment and offering tracking. Unfortunately the engineer was a no show. I've called sky who placed my order who just tell me they have to wait for BT to contact them. Tried contacting BT but they tell me to contact sky. What is the point of offering appointments if they aren't kept. I think it is despicable that customers suffer due to what seems like a monopoly held by BT. My expectation now is that I'll have to wait weeks for another appointment and continue with no internet, and therefore no phone reception, until BT decide to do their job. I work from home and this puts me in a very difficult situation! Surely if BT can contact me regarding appointments I should be able to contact them when they fail to turn up!?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Engineer no show -Stuck between a rock and a hard place

This forum has nothing to do with Openreach who are responsible for arranging engineers for Sky. If Sky is your provider you will have to go through them if you have a complaint.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

This forum is for BT Broadband & Phone services it is Openreach who supply and maintain the network on behalf of all providers not BT you need to contact sky to get this looked into no one here can help you sky are passing the buck
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Just to add, Openreach are notorious for not wanting to talk to end-users.  They will contact you if they want something from you, but (in most cases) you can't contact them.

Ultimately, your contract is with Sky, not Openreach.  It's them you need to keep hassling.

0 Ratings