Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fannon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Equipment

Go to solution
Hi I cancelled bt by using the email they sent about the price rise and being able to cancel but they are charging £108 for the hh5 and the you view box ,I think they can but I just wanted to check thanks
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Equipment

Go to solution

Seems about right to me, as they were free as part of your package, provided that you kept your contract for the agreed period, otherwise you would have to pay for them.

All you are cancelling is your phone and broadband. Bear in mind that when you move, you may end up with a different phone number.

0 Ratings
Fannon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you for that ,it seems fair !i only hope I'm making the right choice
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It doesn't seem fair at all.  You should complain to BT that the charge is wrong.  BT's own Terms and Conditions, OFCOM rules, and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations all give you the chance to cancel your contract without penalty if BT increases the price mid-contract.

Having a charge for equipment that you must pay when you cancel the contract, when you have the right to cancel that contract, is not fair.

Fannon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Hi just an update I emailed to ask them to review what they told me and I got a call from them saying That the earlier information was not correct and I cud return the equipment instead so no charges , thanks
0 Ratings