cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirstenblue
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Error in My BT - old account with same email causing problem?

Go to solution

Hello, I hope someone can help.

I recently signed up with BT infinity broadband, phone and TV. I was a BT customer before a few years ago, but have been with another company between. Everything's up and running and working fine.

Signing in to My BT lets me in but shows an error message, saying there are no products on this account. I probably used the same email address both times I've been a BT customer - I've read others suggesting that this can cause problems with the new account.

This has also had the effect that when I try to claim my BT Reward card, it tells me I don't have an account with BT. I do, and having signed up online with the promise of the reward card, I'd like to claim it.

Can anyone help me sort this out please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Error in My BT - old account with same email causing problem?

Go to solution

Hi @kirstenblue,

welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
kirstenblue
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB,

I sent my details on Friday. I know it's been the weekend - just wanted to check they got to you OK.

Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @kirstenblue,

I've had a look at our queue and I can confirm that we have your details. There are still a few cases ahead of you in the queue and we'll reply as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @kirstenblue I called earlier sorry I missed you. I've updated the account details now on your BTID (it can take up to 48hrs for bills to become available). Please can you log in and check that you now have access to your current BT account?

If you are still unable to submit a claim for your Reward Card complete This Form  and the voucher team will process the claim on your behalf. 

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

John

kirstenblue
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Both issues now fixed - access to My BT, and reward card claimed.

Thank you very much for your help. Now to a separate post - being able to view my bill shows we've been overcharged, and that it covers a period from two weeks before our broadband etc. was installed...

It seems nothing works first time with BT. But thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings