Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicjs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Exceedingly poor customer service - Never again

Go to solution

I am a BT customer of over 3 years and decided to take BT with us to our new home.  

Everything was confirmed for a switch on date of the 23rd of November at our 2 year old home.  So, 23rd of November came - and no broadband. I was advised it could take until up to Midnight of the switch on date for broadband to be live.  So I waited.... 24th came - no broadband. I was then advised that the engineer couldnt make it on the 23rd - and it would be the 24th.. and could activate anytime up to Midnight... Guess what.. No broadband..

Fast forward a few more days and over 3 hours spent ringing BT on multiple occasions to ask what is going on.. Only to be told yesterday that this was a priority and it was affecting other houses in my area.. However, they had there "top engineers" on the issue and would let me know what the progress was.

I am sat here tonight after spending another 45 mins on the phone this afternoon to be reasurred that although they had engineers out yesterday - it wasn't there top engineers - these are in fact out today fixing the problem and I will be phoned by 8pm at the latest for progress.  Ha! More fool me.. 21:17, no broadband, no update and still showing through the useless "Track your fault" of an estimated repair date of 13:00 yesterday.

I am utterley disgusted with the broken promises of calling me back for updates.  BT were all too quick to turn off the service in our previous property and have been next to useless with keeping me in the loop with what is going on.  I really do not know who to turn to as the amount of stress this has called (both my wife and I work from home on occasion and having broadband is crucial) has been uncalled for.

Can anyone provide any advise what to do/who to contact next as I am at the end of my tether.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Millie1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Exceedingly poor customer service - Never again

Go to solution
I'm sorry for your frustration
Just bear in mind that this is a community forum. Most of us are users of the BT service.

I fully understand your frustration but the best thing to do is wait for a Mod to contact you from this forum. They are normally very efficient at sorting out problems. However bear in mind there are not many Mods and they are normally very busy. It might take a few days but it's normally worth it.
Another community member might be able to give you more information

I hope you get a swift resolution
Kind regards
Millie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 300m from FFTC Cab 3. BTw exchange enabled @ 80/20. Actual attainable speed over wifi - 78. Oh Happy days ..until DLM kicks in 😛
nicjs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

I appreciate that problems can exist with Tech Millie, however what I cannot appreciate is being promised call backs that never materialise.  I am talking about several occasions - not just the once.  

BT have to sort their customer service out.  I don't see why one has to resort to going on forums such as this as a last resort in futility to help resolve issues after phoning a help number that has proven to be completely and utterly useless.

I will call them again tomorrow and wait for the next round of appologies, promises and another groundhog day of waiting for a "service" that does not materialise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here tomorrow now
nicjs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
Thank you John. I hope he/she can help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
The mod team have a very good reputation by resolving problems they will take personal ownership of your problem until fully resolved and provide you with a single point of contact based in the UK
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @nicjs and welcome.

I'm really sorry there's been a delay in getting you connected. The least you should expect is a call back when promised. The quickest way to get a update would be via out online order help team so can you give them a go? If that doesn't work out  I'm sure I can help with this. Just drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

nicjs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks David. I have sent you a message through the moderators link.

Cheers,

Nick
0 Ratings
nicjs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi again,

A BT engineer was booked by one of the Moderators (Thanks Neil - I only wish I can deal with you all of the time) last week to turn up today between 8 and 1 pm. I have managed to beg my boss to work from home again for the engineer to come out this morning (2 have been out so far previously, 1 also got cancelled without informing me).

I have been in contact through "Chat" -

" I am afraid to say that engineer visit got cancel due to system issue. I am really for that but i can booked the engineer for you."

Then I was advised through BT on the phone that it was never booked for today and they are due tomorrow!!!

I am completely at the end of my tether and cannot take any more time working from home.  Can anyone advise of the next steps to escalate this please? 

Many thanks,

Nick

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Re contact Neil, again