Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 39

Re: Excess Broadband Usage - complaints experience

@Suckered wrote:

Why lock this thread when I am raising pertinent concerns? I have invited ratty to be silent but still he/ she persists. This thread is attracting similar experience which surely is a key objective of the forum.

From the Community Guidelines:

Capture.JPG

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Moderator-Retired
Message 22 of 39

@Suckered

If people keep bickering and insulting each other I WILL lock this thread and warnings will be issued.

Chris
BT Mod Team.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Suckered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 39

how do I PM?

0 Ratings
Suckered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 39

thank you
0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 39

Click on the user name.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 26 of 39

Click on username then on the right click Send this user a private message.

I have sent you a PM suckered.

Chris
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

sandy4268
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 39

Hi all,

I have stumbled on this thread whilst looking for a number to report an excess broadband usage fee, so thought I'd give my (quite minor) experience.

Today I received an e-mail stating I exceeded my 40GB usage by 6GB and would be charged £10. A visit to the website stated a warning was sent on 25th December - I received no such warning. The site also told me that I was already up to 41 GB this month (on 22/01) and an e-mail was sent on 20th January (at 32GB) - again no e-mail was received and I just cannot understand how I could possibly use 9GB in two days.

Any advice?

0 Ratings
iwyllie
Message 28 of 39

THe general vain of this thread sounds remarkably similar to my own experiances. I was on Infinity Option 1 for 18 months with a limit of 40Gb, all was fine, if I exceed 32Gb an email was sent and I was able to moderate my usage for the remainder of the month and I was quite happy. However in October last year the emails stopped (although I continued to receive my bill notification emai) and I began to see a rapid increase in my alleged broadband usage. I accepted the increases and subsequent £10 overusage fees for both October and November, but by mid December I found that my 40Gb limit had been reached by the 2nd week (again no email warning at 32Gb). I had understandably been very consceius of my usage during December, so I imediately contacted BT Help line and asked them to show how this usage had accumulated so quickly, but was basically told that the usage monitor was correct. After much discussion and being passed from customer services to the Technical helpdesk and back again, but with no justification for the usage, BT agreed to waive any excess charge for December.  Due to this problem I decided to upgrade in January to Infinity Option 2 (unlimited) to prevent future issues. This week I have received my first broadband usage notification since last August, suggesting that I had used 81Gb during December and giving me an excess charge of £45. Again BT Help desk were unable to offer any explanation as to why the usage was so high but readily agreed to waive the charge. Hopefully now that I am on Infinity 2 I won't have any more problems, but I am certain that there is either a fault with the BT usage monitor or else someone is hacking my broadband - But BT won't help.... 

0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 39

I had an almost identical issue with Supanet back before I joined BT  - sudden large increases in usage for no apparent reason, ever-escalating bills etc. etc.      After I noticed this and contacted them they - in contrast to BT -  readily dropped and refunded most of the excess charges and frankly admitted there was a problem with their usage monitoring software. I did some in-depth analysis of my previous bills and found a number of totally ludicrous items, for example a ten-day period of  (supposedly ) no internet usage at all !  And no we weren't on holiday !

Reading all the previous posts, I'm very glad I'm now on the unlimited Infinity package - I no longer trust ISPs' usage measuring software AT ALL, lol !

0 Ratings
MonicaJ
Contributor
Message 30 of 39

If anyone else has this problem not receiving usage emails, I suggest you go to this other thread and post there 🙂

http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-not-sending-usage-warning-emails/td-p/747332/page/2