Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rml123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 269

Re: Jan 2014 price rises are confusing re:1571

imjolly ...

According to this

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

Unlimited Anytime: "Includes three BT Calling Features: BT Privacy at Home, BT Answer 1571 Voicemail and BT 1471."

Now here is the price rise notice

http://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/phone.html?s_cid=con_FURL_callprices&s_cid=con_emai...

It says that the price of Unlimited Anytime package is "Unchanged". The price of the individual services of 1571 and BT Privacy are going up. It doesn't say that they will no longer be added free to the Unlimited Anytime Package and it says that the cost of the package will not increase.

Therefore from that it should still be free with Unlimited Anytime, however i have a feeling i am going to be charged for them so this is why i'm seeking clarification. Can anyone confirm???

thanks ...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 269

if you read here about calling features you can see you will be charged from 4/1/14  http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=28921

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
rml123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 269

Thanks, that's the confirmation i was originally looking for.

The information given there is not on the link from the email sent to customers which seems to me to be deliberately ambiguous and confusing to catch people out and get them paying for something they don't want.

0 Ratings
JBB
Contributor
Message 94 of 269

imjolly yes I see we will be charged for BT privacy and caller id from 4/1/14. The link you provided does state that but if you go further you can get it for free for 12 month, but there is a catch. You have to also renew your contract.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 95 of 269

@JBB wrote:

imjolly yes I see we will be charged for BT privacy and caller id from 4/1/14. The link you provided does state that but if you go further you can get it for free for 12 month, but there is a catch. You have to also renew your contract.

I pointed that out in a previous post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zhango
Message 96 of 269

Re: Existing customers' packages from 2014 not looking good

I've been a BT customer for over 40 years and never had my line with anyone else. It's been a very good service with the few faults fixed efficiently so I am disappointed with the new charge for 1571 and Caller Display.

I will leave when my Line Rental Saver finishes in Feb next year and will never be a direct customer of BT again.

BT has paid far too much for BT Sport which does not interest me and they want me to subsidise those that want it.

It's goodbye from me.

Message 97 of 269

Well said.
0 Ratings
Message 98 of 269

Old_Bear: 'Ever had the feeling you've been cheated'.
0 Ratings
paddy09
Contributor
Message 99 of 269

Finally got my 'letter' (email) today and undecided as to the best course of action although I feel like telling them to stick it you-know-where!!

My phone contract is easy enough to terminate if I choose but what about the internet as the contract doesn't expire until September 2014?

0 Ratings
tharweb
Contributor
Message 100 of 269

Re: Existing customers' packages from 2014 not looking goodbye

@alansmith wrote:

I signed up for an 18 month broadband package in July this year and at the same time paid upfront for 12 months line rental.

I just used the BT online chat facility to find out if the charge increases in January affect me.

They said that because I was still in contract, they would not affect me. The 1571 and Caller Display would only be chargable once my line rental was up ( in July 2014 ), and the 6.5% increase in broadband charges would not affect me until my current 18 month contract was up ( January 2015 )

Still not convinced this is correct ... would like to see it in print somewhere !!!

I came across this link in another forum, which in my case, contradicts the text in bold above. If you log in with your BT account number, it tells you exactly how/if the changes affect you. In my case my broadband will increase by £1.67, so I gather this gives me the option to leave my contract early. I have sent an email for confirmation.

0 Ratings