Aspiring Contributor
macphee70

Re: Broadband price changes 2014

ChrisB wrote:
To emphasize it not just customers who are confused but it's also BT and its employees who are unsure about the price changes. The weblink given suggests my broadband price increases by 6.44% BUT a response from a complaint, via Contact BT, says my broadband price will remain the same as it currently is until April 2014 when my current broadband contract finishes. There was no word in the complaint response about clarity on 1571 or Caller display changes.

are you sure you dont have a broadband and calls package?

In which case the package price is rising and you can cancel it with the 10 days are per the T&C's.  The customer service people seem clueless as to what prices are increasing.  I wonder if loads of people are now leaving BT and they are running scared.

Expert
davidmridge61

Broadband price increase 2014

Why would some customers have no increase and how can we join them?
Aspiring Expert
daleski75

Re: Broadband price increase 2014

I thought everyone was getting some sort of increase on their bill?

Expert
davidmridge61

If you read all the threads on the increase, apparently not, if all factual.
Aspiring Expert
daleski75

Read through most of the threads and the majority of people are affected in some way or another but like anything the second you phone up customer services they should/will offer a better deal to keep it the same as what you are paying now.

I am leaving BT and Sky and going to VM as I get a lot more and pay a lot less so it's a win win for me.

Contributor
grajay

Changes to your BT account from 4th January 2014

Received this today from BT.

Are BT TRYING to get people to move away from them I wonder?

We're changing our prices in January.
From 4 January 2014, we're putting some of our prices up. Line rental will go up by just 3.5 per cent – from £15.45 to £15.99 a month. We're also making changes to some of our call, broadband and Sky Sports prices. You'll find all the details here.

BT Answer 1571 and BT Privacy with Caller Display.
In January, BT Answer 1571 is changing.1 You'll be able to keep more messages for longer and check them remotely. From 4 January 2014 this service will be £1.75 a month.

If you have BT Privacy with Caller Display it will cost you £1.75 a month2 from 4 January 2014. But you can sign up and get BT Privacy with Caller Display free for a year (a new 12-month line rental contract applies).

Sign up for free BT Privacy with Caller Display and manage your calling features here.

We're keeping our mobile charges the same for the third year running.
We know people are calling mobiles more, so we're keeping the price of calling UK mobiles from your landline the same. That means you'll carry on getting the same mobile call rates as you do now.

How to keep your bills down.

•   Save over 25% on your line rental by paying a year up front with Line Rental Saver.3

•   Save with Unlimited Anytime Calls.4 You get unlimited calls to UK* landlines and 0845/0870 numbers, and discounted pence-per-minute rates to UK mobiles for £7 a month.

•    Get unlimited broadband and UK* weekend calls for £21 a month with up to 50GB of
BT Cloud storage and NetProtect Plus included for FREE with our latest broadband upgrade
deal.5 It also comes with free BT Sport. 6

To get any of these deals you'll need to keep paying your existing BT line rental.

Free calls from your mobile with BT SmartTalk.
From 4 January you can get 60 minutes of free mobile calls every month with the BT SmartTalk app.7 You will get these calls every month across 2014. You can save money on calls from your mobile to 0870, 0845, 0800 numbers, UK* landlines or mobiles. Sign up before 31 January 2014.

Find out more about the ways we can help you save.

Thanks for choosing BT.

Libby Barr signature

Libby Barr
Managing Director
Consumer Sales and Service     

Graham
Guru
toekneem

Re: Changes to your BT account from 4th January 2014

grajay wrote:

Received this today from BT.

Are BT TRYING to get people to move away from them I wonder?

We're changing our prices in January.
From 4 January 2014, we're putting some of our prices up. Line rental will go up by just 3.5 per cent – from £15.45 to £15.99 a month. We're also making changes to some of our call, broadband and Sky Sports prices. You'll find all the details here.   

No, but they are also in business to make a profit otherwise shareholders would run a mile and invest elsewhere.

I am not saying that prices should rise, or by how much but all companies are increasing prices.

Talktalk announced price increases a little while ago, as did Sky. I am also sure that you have read in the papers that SSE the energy firm have raised their prices by 8.2% with the certanty that all the others are going to do the same.

Rail fares price rises were annouinced.

We don't have nationalised industies any more.

Forget loyalty,...........Shop around and get the best deal for yourself. I do it every year for Car insurance/house insurance/gas/electricity. With some of these you do not even have to go to a new company, just cancelling at the end of the contract and renew as a new customer can save a fortune.

Every company is prepared to lose you as a customer.........as long as they get another two customers through the door, its called churn.

I am off now to find someone cheaper than Direct Line:smileywink:

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)

Contributor
stevebrass

Well my BB contract end November 2013. Given the tempting deals (price wise) offered by Plus Net and Utilities Warehouse I suspect that even after my annual haggle I shall be saying goodbye after 40 years.

Aspiring Contributor
stewdaviesuk

Re: price rises

I got my email 2 days ago. I phoned up to say i wanted to leave, and was asked to forward my email as no record of me being sent one was the reason. It arrived as i was chatting to BT, then got cut off... They phoned me straight back, agreed i could go in 30 days. Very well done by BT I thought.

I tried for Sky as have their TV but apparently I am only in a Sky connect area, (only get 3mb here max) and thats more than BT charge and has a cap. Talk Talk offered me phone for £15.40 a month and broadband for £2.50 more. I had to name my install date as effectively I am being cut off by BT, there is not MAC code they told me, so have the afternoon of 15th November.

They are sending an engineer hopefully will get my old number back and BT have actually disconnected me before they arrive.

Guru
toekneem

stevebrass wrote:

Well my BB contract end November 2013. Given the tempting deals (price wise) offered by Plus Net and Utilities Warehouse I suspect that even after my annual haggle I shall be saying goodbye after 40 years.

And that is the way to do it. Find out what others can give you, then ring up your existing company/ISP. Haggle,haggle,haggle and be prepared to move to someone else if you cannot get a reasonable saving.

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)