Expert

Re: Existing customers' packages from 2014 not looking good

This is what I get using the broadband price checker 

Your monthly broadband or package charges from 4th January are below
ProductCurrent PriceNew Price
Broadband and Evening and Weekend Calls£ 13.00£ 13.83
Call Plan add-on£ 5.15£ 5.48
Monthly Total£ 18.15£ 19.31

I will be out of contract on 20 December 2013.

Expert

So it appears that you do not need to be under contract to still enjoy the 'old' Anytime Call Plan price.
Expert

Yes so long as I don't recontract which triggers the £7 price

Expert

My current contract ends on the 31st July 2014 but I have pre-registered for the free Privacy and Caller Display which means a new 12 month contract so not sure if that means that will trigger the £7 price. I will ring up and check as I will discontinue the caller if that is the case.
Expert

This was the question I asked Live chat  

My broadband and phone contract ends on 19/12/13. If I let the contract roll over on a monthly basis and pre register for free caller display will the new contract that runs from 04/01/14 have my existing Unlimited Anytime Plan

The answer was  the contract for the broadband wil expire on 19/12/2013 and i confirm that you will get the anytime calls

I then asked to clarify the situation  So to avoid paying for the caller display I just need to pre-register which triggers a new rental contract from 04/01/14 and the existing packages just get assigned and I will pay £13.83 for the broadband and £5.48 for the unlimited calls

The answer was   That's correct

Expert

.....so we should be OK for the £5.48.
Expert

Looks that way - at least I now have a printed copy of the conversation if something goes wrong.

Aspiring Expert

Having looked around, I have decided to stay with BT. The actual service has been pretty reliable - the billing system has caused me some headaches though (although all resolved in my favour).

I could have saved some money by moving to Plus Net but since we wish to keep our BTInterenet email addresses, the cost of paying for two premium BT email accounts would have eaten in to these savings. 

As part of the process we have both begun to use Thunderbird and have saved various emails and attachement to local folders and so backed up as part of our normal backing up process. Belt and braces I know, but the BT Mail unlimited storage does make you lazy!

I think I will go for LSR and I have registered for the BT Privacy to get a year's free caller display.

Hi Guys,

We have been to the product guys to get some clarity around your questions on the upcoming price changes happening on the 4th of January. As you are aware there are a few changes to BT Answer 1571 and Caller Display with BT Privacy.

In January, BT Answer 1571 will include a bigger mailbox, the ability to keep your messages for longer and being able to retrieve them remotely. From 4 January the service will cost £1.75 a month.
Anyone with the BT 1571 service at the moment will start paying £1.75 from the 4th of January unless they choose to opt out of the service.

With regards to BT Privacy with Caller Display, from the 4th of January this will also become chargeable and will cost £1.75 per month, customers can sign up and get BT Privacy with Caller Display free for a year but a new 12-month line rental contract applies, you can pre-register at www.bt.com/myfeatures.

So to clarify as a few have asked,  
Anyone who signs up to the BT Privacy with Caller Display free for a year will have to agree to a new 12 month contract for their line rental only. This will not affect the contract term for the Call Package, Broadband service or Line Rental Saver.

The FAQ section of bt.com has been updated. If you would like some more information about the changes and the upcoming price increases, please take a look Here

We hope this answers a few of your questions.

Thanks

PaddyB

PaddyB | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Expert

[ Edited ]

Thanks PaddyB but I have a few queries regarding my situation as follows:

Broadband/phone ends 19/12/2013 and Line Saver ends 19/06/14 ( 6 months later).

If I take out a new contract starting 20/12 I will still need to pre register(caller display) but this means that the following is created:

Phone ends 03/01/15 , broadband ends 19/12/14 Line saver 19/6/14 ( or 19/6/15 if renewed).

Will BT at some point offer a facility to  realign contract end dates ??

One other thing - if I let existing things roll onto 04/01/14 then recontract - thereby synchronising most of the contract end dates do I need to pre-register or will the free caller display be a feature of the new contract? ( I would guess not)