Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outertrial
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Expired reward card

Go to solution

Hi,

I've had my reward card in a drawer. I was saving it to celebrate something this summer.

I just got it out and see it expired in April after only a year,  and the money has been removed. 

I see some other customers who made the same mistake were able to get their money back by posting here. 

Any assistance gratefully received.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Outertrial
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Expired reward card

Go to solution

Any help with this at all? I've waited 31 days for someone from the gift card team to get back to me.

They appear to think that I never activated the gift card and have just basically told me they won't help me. I did, I received it through the post and activated it, I just didn't realise it expired after one year.

The lady on the phone didn't seem to think it would be a problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Not sure there is much that can be done.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Outertrial,

Welcome back to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your rewards card had expired before you had a chance to spend the credit.

You have three months to activate your card from the time your product or service goes live. If you don't, you'll lose any money that's on the card.

Once we issue your card you have 12 months to use it. If you don't use it within this time, we'll remove any money that's left on it.

I'm sorry we are unable to reload money back onto a customer's reward card that has not been activated or spent within the timeframes set out above.

I wish I could be of more help in this case.

Matt

0 Ratings
Outertrial
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you Matt. It's a shame that I was told the exact opposite by your call centre, who said you could see the money had been returned unused and it would be no problem to reissue it.

It's a further shame it took over a calendar month to be told that I would in fact not be getting this. And also that I had to resort to trying to get a response here because the email your service centre eventually sent me was, frankly, unintelligible.

0 Ratings