Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunnycora6
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Extend broadband usage time

Hi all,

I ordered a nine month period of broadband, which will be expired in June this year. 

Could I increase my broadband time by three months? Let it expired in September .

And what is the monthly cost of doing so?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Extend broadband usage time

The service won't end until you ask BT to stop and give 30 days notice, any agreed discounts will though, so you'll pay the standard cost, your bill will show the price of the package and the discount applied, that discount will not be applied from June going from your post.

To have a new discount means renewing for a new minimum term, typically 24 months for most services.

sunnycora6
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi ya,

So you mean that even if I ordered the broadband for nine-month cycle from last September to this June. If I don't ask stop to BT in June this year, BT will still deduct the same cost every month as now, right?

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

No

you will lose any discounts which you received when you started the 9 month contract and revert back to standard terms which will be more expensive

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@sunnycora6wrote:

Hi ya,

So you mean that even if I ordered the broadband for nine-month cycle from last September to this June. If I don't ask stop to BT in June this year, BT will still deduct the same cost every month as now, right?

No, what @-Richie- is trying to explain, once June ends, your monthly cost will automatically revert to the standard charges. You will not be disconnected. To avoid inconvenience during this pandemic, just let it go and then, if all is well, call BT during May to give the required 30 days notice.

Sorry, my post crossed that of @imjolly