cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous2809
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Extensive home move broadband delays, very poor communication and multiple technical errors

I have experienced extensive delays and complete lack of communication for broadband. I am now due my FOURTH engineer's visit, none of whom can understand why they are being sent to the property. I occasionally get seemly random text messages from different people and different numbers with contradictory messages (i.e External work is complete, more external work needed, your appointment is xxxx, your appointment has been rescheduled etc).

Timeline: 
6th September: Order placed

6th September: Text from 64364: "Sorry. Your BT order's delayed. Your new engineer visit's on 04 Oct 2018 between 1pm to 6pm. If you can't make it, you can change it at bt.com/ordertracking/?xxxxxx. If you've ordered any other services, they'll start within 24 hours of your new appointment. We'll let you know when they're ready for you. 
Any broadband kit you're expecting will arrive on 03-Oct-18."

3rd October: Text from 64364: "Hello, BT here. Your engineer will visit on 04 Oct 2018, arriving 1pm to 6pm. If you can't make this appointment, call us on 0800 800 150."

4rd October: Text from 64364: "Hello, BT here. We've assigned your order to our engineer XXXXXXXXX(phone number xxxxxxxxxxx). We'll let you know when they're on their way to your property. Thanks.". 
"Hello, BT here. Your engineer, XXXXXXXXX (phone number xxxxxxxxxxxx), is on their way to your property. Thanks."

4th October: Original activation date. Engineer visited property. Incorrectly believed that there was no BT line to property. Incorrectly attached master socket to Virgin connection. Left, saying he needed access to the meters to connect our internet (??). We were left to contact BT to arrange new line to be installed.

8th October: Text message from 61998: Hello XXXXXXXXXX, BT here. We've got an update about your order. The order needs an additional activity to be completed and the next update about your order will be on 12/10/18. You can check progress of your order at www.bt.com/myorder with reference number XXXXXXXXXX Thanks.

9th October: Openreach engineer completed some external work (to connect broadband?). Confirmed there is a BT line to property. Placed phonecall to BT. Was promised internet would be activated by midnight and I would be contacted by a case manager within 24 hours (i.e. 12:30 on 10th October). No record of the contents of this phonecall on BT's end. No contact within 24 hours. Broadband not activated.

9th October: Text message from +xxxxxxxxxx: "Hi there this is openreach has your phone line been installed ok"

10th October: Made a complaint. Was told I would receive update from BT within 72 hours (No-one contacted). Was told I have been assigned a case manager who would be fast tracking process.

10th October: Text from 64364: "Hello, BT here. Hi Chris from BT here I have spoken to Openreach regarding your order. Openreach are currently completing the work required to progress your order. Openreach will be providing me with an update on 11/10/2018 regarding your order. Once i receive the update i will be in contact with you. Many Thanks Please don't reply to this text - we won't see it. Thanks."

11th October: Text message from 61998: "Hi Chris from BT here. I can confirm that all the external work has been completed and we are now ready to cnnect your services. A openreach engineer will be attending your property on 15/10/2018 between the hours of 8am and 1pm. Please make sure someone over the age of 18 is in the property to allow the engineer access. If you are unable to attend the appointment please call me on xxxxxx to re arrange. Many Thanks"

13th October: Text message from 61998: "Hello XXXXXXXXX, sufiya from BT . I'm really sorry but due to delay in the activation of the services I had to rearrange your appointment. Don't worry I have booked the next available slot for you which is 15/10/2018 between 08:00 AND 01:00. For more details, reply to this text message. Thanks"

15th October: Openreach engineer installed master socket onto correct socket. He has connected phone line but was not assigned broadband job. Says because router is fibre, rather than ADSL, it will not work. Engineer cannot understand all the hassle up to this point. Cannot understand why engineer #1 thought there was no phoneline and had never seen an engineer connect a master socket to a Virgin connection, which does not inspire any confidence in competence of engineer #1.

15th October: Call BT again. Reopen complaint. Will apparently receive update from case manager within 48 hours. "Not worth" sending temporary 4g router to provide connection but told that data usage through mobile phone will be reimbursed. BT waiting for "copper guys" to sign off, which will create a "chain reaction" to trigger activation. Another broadband Openreach engineer ("multiskilled engineer") will need to activate. They may need access to property (for FOURTH TIME). Cannot guarantee timeframe but we have been 'prioritised".

15th October: Text from 64364: "Hello, BT here. Hi Chris from BT here Im sorry to hear that the engineer who visited your property today couldnt connect your services. This was due to further work required external to your property. We will be investigating the work required and we will provide you with an update regarding your order on 17/10/2018. If you have any quetsions please call me on xxxxxxxx Many Thanks Please don't reply to this text - we won't see it. Thanks."

1) I want my internet to be activated as a matter of urgency. 
2) Until the internet is functional, I would like a temporary 4G router other other interim measure to connect to the internet provided by BT. 
3) I would like to be compensated for having to spend 4 days at home to let engineers into the property and additional hours on the phone to find out what's going on during my working hours. 
4) Until internet is installed I would like to receive daily telephone calls from BT (not text messages) for updates. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Extensive home move broadband delays, very poor communication and multiple technical errors

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Anonymous2809
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Extensive home move broadband delays, very poor communication and multiple technical errors

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from a moderator.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Anonymous2809 I'm so sorry about the delay getting your services connected after moving home, the numerous failures you've mentioned is not acceptable.  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings