Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darahstar
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Extortionate installation fees!!!!!

Go to solution
I am fuming to discover I have been charged £130 for a new BT line when I already had one that I paid for 2 years ago just for switching back to BT! Plus and extra £35 each for broadband and TV which again the broadband didn't need installing, they just flipped the exchange channel and the TV I installed myself!!!!! I'm now totally out of pocket when all I wanted was to stop using Sky. BT have already proved they're just as bad.

I feel totally ripped off and am considering cancelling. But have heard this is just as expensive. Shame on you BT!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Extortionate installation fees!!!!!

Go to solution
did you use a MAC code to transfer your services from sky if you did then there should be no new line needed as it is simply a transfer of services also i do not understand what you mean by 35.00 for each broadband
Darahstar
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
I couldnt gat a MAC code as Sky refised to issue it. The lady at BT told me I didn't need one. The whole thing has been an absolute nightmare with Sky blocking my new supplier and now this. I give up. I'm totally fed up of being ripped off. I have just been charged by BT £265 for my first month because of all these charges. I cannot afford that and wasn't told this when I signed up.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I'm guessing the £35 is the "activation fee" for the BT TV box.  For legal reasons, they don't charge you for the box (unless you cancel early), but they do charge you an activation fee to switch on the service.

If you were taking over an active line - one with a dial tone - then you should not be charged the £130.  That is only supposed to be charged for installing a new line, or for re-connecting a disconnected line.  However, if Sky decided to be awkward and cut the line off before BT could take it over, then the £130 fee would apply.

Darahstar
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
So because Sky were total Aholes and refused to give me a code despite a month of asking for it during the transfer period I am now out of pocket. Yes they cut off the line at the end of the cancellation period leaving me with no choice. I've also been charged the £35 twice. Can understand one but not two. I feel totally ripped off. I can't afford this. I now have to cancel my daughter's school trip to pay towards this instead. She is going to be devastated.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If you think the charges are wrong, then complain to the billing department - see the Contact Us icon at the top of this page.  There's a section for billing.  Many people prefer Live Chat to phoning the Indian call centre, but it's not open 24 hours.

Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
was it infinity 1 you ordered