cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wolfson87
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

FRAUD!!

BT customer since 12/2018, from the offset have had continual problems with service, from the go live date, to numbers appearing on my BT bill including 1471x3 in succession (customer service response.....well you must have dialled it!).

02/12/19 out of frustration I agreed to try the new Halo service (in hope that this would rectify my problems, apologies i'm OAP and not tech minded). However, on the 5th of December decided to cancel, have diary entries stating whom I spoke with, who stated that everything would be cancelled and I needn't worry.

However, now March 2020 still being charged for Halo (even though we still have the same 'old' hub and no engineer visit to install Halo), and BT have informed me that my contract (due to end June 2020 has now been extended).

To make matters worse I am now experiencing the phantom 1471 numbers on my bill, plus being charged for 150!!! I only discovered this by 'googling' the premium number which in turn delivers the same menu(s) as if calling 150.

The last phonecall I had with BT Customer Service, issued me with a VOL0 number and gave me £11credit!!!

I really feel my account has been compromised, however, I have been stating this since December 2018, which in turn supports other fraudulent activity my household has suffered.

If anyone from BT reads this, then please as a customer and a victim of fraud, could a member of BT Fraud Investigation Team contact me.  I am in possession of documentary evidence both recorded and printed, which shows different accounts linked to myself, and a letter from BT last month confirming that I'd moved address!!!!

My local BT office is Cardiff / South Wales, however, in order to rectify this I am willing to travel!!!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: FRAUD!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 5

Hi @wolfson87,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to see that you have had so many problems since getting your services connected.  You can get in touch with us and we will review your account and call you back to chat about everything.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
wolfson87
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi @wolfson87,

I hope you are keeping well?

I have sent you a private message can you complete the quick checks in my message and get back to me when you have a moment?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings