Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alfiet123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

FTTP - HELP!!!

I have moved into a new build property that has FTTP (Fibre to the property).

It has taken me 6 weeks of pestering the housing developer to get Open Reach to install the equipment and connect the line.

The modem is fitted and the line is connected, the modem has a solid green light for 'Power' and a flashing green light for 'PON'.

I was told I need to wait up to 3 days for the 'PON' light to become a solid green light (instead of a flashing green light).

Open Reach connected the outside of the house to the network on last week. (WC 7th november 2016) but the 'PON' light is still flashing green.

I know my development have done everything that is needed but why can't open reach just activate the address. I know they are 'contacting BT regarding the exchange' or whatever they say. This is so frustrating when you have lived in the property for nearly 2 months without any internet and am still waiting for an answer.

I rang BT FTTP multiple on by calling 0800 5874 787 and they asked me for the serial number on the modem which I gave to them.  They told me that they send this off to Open reach to chase why they havent activated the line for service but thats all I ever get? No update, nothing!

My partner got a new job as we moved where she can work from home with our daughter but has had to travel to a friends to use her connection, its a joke ow.

I am confused by all the steps that are required to activate the line, having waited 6 weeks for Open Reach to do their job.

Can anyone explain what is required for the internet connection to be completed and how long it should take?  I keep getting told different time scales and they always turn out to take longer than they have told me.

What exactly am I waiting for and how long can I expect this to take?  The "PON" light has been flashing green for the last week. It's so frustrating and I'm not even a customer yet. I CAN'T ORDER until the line is ready for service.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP - HELP!!!

until Openreach have completed all the fibre installation work the service cannot go live all you can do is wait I am afraid
0 Ratings
alfiet123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

They have done all their work I believe they just need to activate the service?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

there is a lot of work involved in the activation it is not just a matter of turning something on
0 Ratings