cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bee-Tea
Message 1 of 3

FTTP Infinity 3 contract expired, but...

I have FTTP Infinity 3, quite fast but nothing to write home about.

My 'several times renewed' contract expired in 'Feb 2019 and then the next 2 bills showed a massive increase of over £20 per month. Ok, I should have made a mental note about the expiry date, but you would think that BT would have in place an email system to remind customers of pending contract dates.

So, I phoned BT and, guess what, they could not effect a new contract for me because I had FTTP. They had to pass me over to another department that deals with FTTP clients. That was Tuesday 23rd April. I was then told there was some sort of problem with my account and they would phone me Wednesday 24th April in the afternoon to discuss a new contract. That didn't happen. Thursday afternoon I phoned them again, and again I had to wait, and wait, and wait --- and wait while they tried to transfer me to the FTTP department. They again said there was some sort of problem with my account, that it would take 3 to 5 days to sort out. What!

I've been paying between £60 to £70 per month recently, and now it's gone up over £20 per month.

This is how BT treats its customers?

I'll give BT the 3-5 days to sort it all out, and if they cannot give me a new contract - then sorry BT, you'll be fired!

Oh, I nearly forgot, the "problem" was the fact BT sent me an email saying that because they noticed my telephone usage had increased, that they were going to automatically put me onto a new Contract, whereby I would have to pay extra per month but would benefit from 'X' amount of free phone calls, etc. etc. unless I decided by a certail date to opt out of the contract they decided they would force me into. So I opted out. But guess what, even though BT received my opt-out instruction confirmed by email, 'someone' did not take the neccessary action in the department that was supposed to deal with it.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP Infinity 3 contract expired, but...

FTTP   team direct number. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Bee-Tea
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP Infinity 3 contract expired, but...

Many thanks.

However, BT completely messed up my account and has now even downgraded my FTTP download speed to 150Mbps. I was told it Infinity 3 was now phased out and they rebranded it Superfast Fibre 3 Unlimited.

Now BT have put me on a package that was not quite what they explained to me.

I wanted Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus at a discounted rate, but they put me on Ultrfast Fibre, and they want to charge me £59.99 one off set up fee and have sent out a new router. What the hell for, I've already got the best, I'm not a new customer and no charge was even discussed.

After so many years of being a loyal BT customer they're all of a sudden treating me like Sh..!

0 Ratings