cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Order - Infinity & Phone Line

I have had an activation/order open since January 26th 2018. I have moved into a new build property with Fibre to the Premises infrastructure built in and I have had nothing but problems, delays and lack of updates ever since the order was placed on 26th January. I was given an activation date eventually on the 29th March which OBVIOUSLY didn't happen and wouldn't expect anything different given the terrible service received so far - If only another provider was able to provide us with Internet!!

There was an issue with our internal infrastructure apparently and this is why the activation didn't take place but why have I had to wait 2 months for service then to be told the infrastructure isn't capable of providing for a service so now I am having to wait 2 weeks for an engineer to come out and review the set-up. 

Why on earth was this fault not picked up in the 2 months I had already been waiting for a "Live Service" and then I call up today, as I have received no paperwork with account numbers or acknowledgement of my order bar the actual home hub delivery, to chase up the potential to log into BT Wifi Hotspots but they are unable to give me access without the account number which hasn't even been sent to me yet (Another few working days).

It's probably been the most excruciating process I have encountered when TRYING to give a company a money for a service - I do not even have a phone line set-up by BT as of yet - 73 days and counting....

Is this the general average of service recevied? I am keen to understand if anyone has experienced similar problems and how they were solved?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Order - Infinity & Phone Line

Where abouts are you?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I’m based in the ebbsfleet castle hill area.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Ah right, not where I was thinking.

Although if the Network Build Contractors Openreach use round your way are anything like the shower of **bleep**e they use round my way I’m not surprised.

What’s the PON Light on your ONT doing?
0 Ratings