Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

FTTP Order delayed by 3 months

Hi,

I placed an order for FTTP on the 21st May and was given activation of 4th June. Next day an openreach engineer arrived to try and install the fibre but decided there was a blockage and referred it to the dig team. My order then got delayed and pushed back all the way back to the 8th September.

Since then, the openreach civils have been, found no blockage and then roped the duct. A team came on Saturday and installed the fibre.

My internal appointment is still the 8th September. Can't this be brought forward? External work is marked as complete on the order. My neighbor has just placed an order and has an appointment 2 weeks away so there must be engineer availability before the 8th September.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP Order delayed by 3 months

as it is FTTP the mods don't get involved and you need to contact FTTP 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP Order delayed by 3 months

I've been told I basically need to wait and openreach *may* contact me to bring appointment forward. In the meantime I have an open order preventing me from making other changes to my TV package.

Just frustrating that BT  / openreach can't apply any common sense and see external work has been completed and bring appointment forward to timescales that another new connection would receive.

0 Ratings