cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DumbarSteve
Contributor
Message 1 of 24

FTTP order - Dunbar - Mis advised - 2 month delay - Refusing to honour deal - No complaint callback

On the 8th December 2017, BT sales advised me that I HAD to place a landline order before ordering broadband as a new customer.  I explained I was in a new build property and it was installed with FTTP, they were insistent and despite arguing and considering the idea ridiculous I did as I was told (must be a weird BT thing I thought) and a landline was duly placed.

Cue, 2 months of grief.  Weekly phone calls from India at 730-8am every Saturday morning, telling me there was a problem and they were working on it, asking for information I had already given etc etc.  Then finally that they would not call anymore as the order was canceled. WTF?

Eventually, I had enough and raised a complaint on 23rd Jan after being eventually put through by a nice chap in Belfast, who diverted me to the FTTP Team (result!) in Dundee... Spoke to a guy, who explained the **bleep** up, proposed a solution (of raising the complaint) made a note of the Broadband/TV package I was interested in and then promised a call back in 5 days.  No call, it didn't happen.

Cue weeks of... BT blames Openreach, Openreach blames the developer, Developer blames Openreach.  BT tell me to get in touch with Openreach via the developer, Developer calls Openreach, Openreach do nothing....etc etc round and round in circles.

So the upshot today is that after 6 hours of phonecall time to CS and being on hold for the obviously understaffed FTTP team in Dundee on multiple occasions, and hassling my poor development site manager on a DAILY basis for the past 2 weeks, and he, in turn, hassling the Openreach installations manager, we finally had our ONT box installed today. (thank you Gary!)

The end of the problems yeay!  Well, not quite.

Got through to sales today and discovered that today they increased their prices so despite one FTTP salesman telling me, back on the 23rd jan, not to worry as they'd honour a deal (as I've been waiting for 2 months! and he allegedly took note of the deal) and for a manager in Dundee telling me "they'd sort something out"... tonight an online Sales chat guy from the UK said that's impossible and I can only order at today's more expensive deal prices and that there was nothing he could do (read unwilling, not unable).

Great, thanks so much BT, way to go making me feel like a valued customer.  Give the wrong advice, make me hassle and grind to get the correct information, push on a daily basis to get the install completed, lie to me about honouring a deal and then just say "nah, soz, you missed out, them's the prices pal" (I do of course paraphrase).

So next stop is to see if someone from BT will actually honour their promise and call me to discuss things?  The complaint was already raised by me, added to by an FTTP sales guy in Dundee, and then allegedly escalated by a manager Robert in the Dundee FTTP team. 

So far no-one has called me since the complaint was lodged back on the 23rd January.

I find it absolutely incredulous that I'm sitting here wanting to place an order for £75 a month service that they can lock me in for 18 months, and they just don't/can't/won't take it.  Wow.

Funny thing is we're talking a £7 a month difference here between the packages, a £10 difference in installation costs, and a cheeky extra £25 on the BT MasterCard deal.... yet are they willing to honour what was promised for such a small amount?  Nope, are they heck.  They prefer to drive a customer to distraction, hold on to the £100 of deposits already paid back in December for (so far) no service whatsoever, make me lose 6hrs of my life on the phone, and make me lose £100 in quidco cashback....and then just refuse to acknowledge that anyone had ever promised anything. Soz.

Infuriating.

It'd be SO easy to turn this round BT, so very easy.  Make the call you promised regarding my complaint, honour the promise of a package already discussed, and get my order completed. Seriously, it's easy....but I have my suspicions that my time with BT may not be as smooth as I had hoped, especially when considering this absolute debacle of a start since the 8th of December 2017!

Hey, even Virgin Media were less hassle than this... and I NEVER thought I'd say anything like that! (after despising them for treating me like **bleep** after 10 years of loyal custom - loyalty really is worthless these days).

So if anyone from BT FTTP sales / complaints / CS is here.... Liam? Nicky? Robert? from Sunny Dundee, Shaz from somewhere down south? Come on BT, try and wrestle back some kind of goodwill will ya?  Honour these promises your employees made? Give me a call like you promised?!  How about it?

Steve

Dunbar

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
DumbarSteve
Contributor
Message 2 of 24

Re: FTTP Order

Thanks Keith.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 24

@DumbarSteveIts always best to start your own thread to avoid multiple replies.

I have removed the duplicate.

These installations are dealt with by a special team on 0800 587 4787.
Its not possible for the BT Community members or moderators to help with these installations.

Is there any equipment installed in the house already?

It would look like this FTTP installation

DumbarSteve
Contributor
Message 4 of 24

Yes all internals are installed, it's not that ONT but a different box (engineer wanted to minimise the number of boxes on the wall from 3 to 2 apparently)

ont.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 24

I have not seen that one before Smiley Wink

One to add to my collection of images that I use to try and help.

That looks like its fully operational, but lacking the home hub 6 on the end of that Ethernet cable.

Is that what you were expecting?

It looks almost complete, it can`t be much longer now.

0 Ratings
DumbarSteve
Contributor
Message 6 of 24

Yeah kind of, it's a huge relief to see the box finally installed in the house!  The only slight concern is the engineer signed off on the job but the PON light is still flashing, rather then constantly on, so not sure if that is another issue?

Glad to have helped expand your collection! 😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 24

I did not realise it was flashing. That would indicate that its not yet been activated at the other end, I think that would be the next stage, from what people have said.

Judging by other posts, these installations do take a while, and its probably due to the FTTP team being very busy with new builds, and the normal BT sales not really up to speed with these orders.

I think you are going to have to wait a bit longer, but I have given you the FTTP number, so I would chase them up next week, now that the equipment has been installed.

0 Ratings
DumbarSteve
Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Thanks Keith,  had a good chat to one of the FTTP guys in Lancaster and it's being looked at. Plus thankfully he agreed that they'd honour previous packages, feeling a little bit more positive....

Just need to get this PON light solid and not flashing now.  If only we could speak to Openreach direct (ugh).  Have to chase site manager on our development to beg his Openreach contact.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 24

I am sure it will all be fine, its just a bit of a struggle at the moment Smiley Frustrated

If you could please update this thread when things are working, or if you have any other specific questions relating to the home hub, which will be a special one with a WAN port like this FTTP home hub 6

This is different than the normal home hub 6, which has a normal LAN port in that position.

0 Ratings
DumbarSteve
Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Will do, thanks for the heads up about the homehub.  Hope it has the same range as all those fancy TV ads suggest, I have my helicopter ready to test it out 😉 [well, ok just a drone]

0 Ratings