Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deldridge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

FTTP recently available but cannot order as existing FTTC customer

Go to solution
Hi

FTTP has recently been installed to the poles on my street. Before this we had FTTC to my cabinet. Dslchecker and the BT website itself when I check my phone number shows 330mb available.

However when I select infinity 4 and go through checkout it says I cannot order it as an existing customer.

I’m told by others this is a computer glitch and that because I have FTTC for some reason it doesn’t let me order FTTP. That the only way to get it is to cancel with BT then reorder as a new customer - but this risks a period without broadband and losing the phone number I’ve had for the past 20 years.

The call centre cannot help me “keep checking back” and can’t suggest anyone I can contact to get infinity 4 ordered.

Any ideas? Other than switching to Zen? I’d prefer not to do that if possible and it seems crazy I can’t order this product from BT because the computer says no?

Thanks
David
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP recently available but cannot order as existing FTTC customer

Go to solution

Contact the FTTP sales team directly on 0800 587 4787. They are best placed  to assist you.

0 Ratings
deldridge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP recently available but cannot order as existing FTTC customer

Go to solution
Hi
I tried that number and 1.5 hours later an order has been placed! Thanks for your help.
Cheers
David
0 Ratings