cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evansnp
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Failed FTTP install

I had my engineer's visit yesterday, which all went remarkably well up to the point of bringing the service up.  The LOS light was flashing green, which I believe means link up, protocol down.  The engineer contacted their helpdesk, changed the ONT, all to no avail.  As the LOS light was flashing green, the engineer had to move on to his next job (he told me that if it was red then he couldn't leave).  However, within 30 minutes or so the LOS lamp turned solid red.  I am now in a position where I have no clue what happens next. I tried calling 151 and was told that Openreach would look into it, but absolutely no idea about when.  Would it not be possible just to update the customer as to what was in progress, as at the moment I am totally in the dark.  Fortunately my VDSL connection is still active.

PS: The installer (Adam I think) was really efficient, and helpful, and did a great job of concealing the external cable! 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Failed FTTP install

phone FTTP team and see if they can help you 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Having called the number that was suggested, I was told that a 'chief' engineer would be assigned to the case, and resolved within 5 working days.  I'm on the 5th day now, with zero communication as to what, if anything, is happening.  Even if the news is not good I would prefer to know what's happening! Being kept in the dark is driving me nuts.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

It would be nice for BT to keep you updated but did you try phoning them back and ask for an update?

0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Update: Openreach turned up, unannounced, on Friday (28th) last week, but unfortunately I was out.  The only way that I knew that they had been was that they were recorded on my security cameras, as they left no card to say that they had been, or any details of when they might come back!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Starwire2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

If said Engineer was from the Chief Engineers Group then your guess is as good as any because that lot are a law upon themselves.

In fact the only way you’ll get any kind of half decent service out of them is if you’re a Member of Parliament with some clout.

0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Update 2:

called BT yesterday and was assured that Openreach would call me to organise a visit. Guess what? They turned up again today whilst we were out. This is becoming a bit of a farce!

0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Can one of the moderators look into my case please, as I'm losing the will to chase this?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

The moderators can not deal with FTTP. You will need to contact the BT FTTP team 08005874787

0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

I have, several times, and got nowhere 😞

0 Ratings