cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maverick02k
Message 1 of 17

Failed activation and I'm still waiting 3 weeks later

My infinity 2 fibre was supposed to go live 27th November. I was switching from sky.
I was actually away from home this weekend but received an email saying that there had been an issue.
Upon my return home 2 days later i found my phone line working fine but no broadband, i called customer service and was told that an engineering problem had caused the switch to fail. They were waiting from information from the engineers. I would be called back with an update on the 8th December.
The 8th came with no call and so I myself called customer service and was told that they were stikl awaiting information from the engineers. I woukd be called a few dsys later.
A few days later i find myself again calling myself as my call back again failed to happen. Now i am told that that my order had been cancelled due to a systems glitch and that was why the switchover had failed. I would be called back with more information a week or so later.
Right ok getting real frustrated with the lack of information now but then receive an email saying a new order has been raised and will now go live on the 17th December but they would try to get it done sooner.
I chase this up on the 15th and am told that the fibre will be live at midnight. Next morning and no broadband. I call customer service again and am told after a line test that I need a engineer to visit. This is arranged for today friday 18th december. My engineer tests my line all of my equipment etc he declares that there is no issue with my connection. The hub has access to broadband. But something at bts end is blocking it.
I call customer service again armed with all the engineers notes now on my file. I spend an hour or so being passed from department to department. None of which has any idea whatsoever what is going on.
So here we are 3 weeks later. No broadband still, no idea what's going on, and rapidly losing patience.
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Failed activation and I'm still waiting 3 weeks later

@Maverick02k

forum mods will help and will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Maverick02k
Message 3 of 17

I hope so I'm getting sick of talking to people who seem to have no idea what is going on.
0 Ratings
Robin2000
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

From what I have read Sky use different magic equipment that doesn't change ove to BT. 

Thought Sky used Bt's systems?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

It is not anything magic at all just their own equipment which is the same as Openreach's however when it goes to fibre everything thing is part of the Openreach network and all wiring has to be moved from skys equipment to Openreach's
0 Ratings
Robin2000
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

In that case why don't the incompetent muppets that run the department book the change over when it can be done. I would not mine waiting for the change over within a day but to say I will be connected on a date then be told there is no connection available is no good. 

Dont they know how to plan work? I manage to do it at work, why cat they. Is this telecoms stuff such difficult stuff? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

many times it is the provider you are leaving that delays things and that applies to all providers
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 17

@Maverick02k welcome and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry that your Infinity is still not connected. I would like to take a look at this and get things sorted. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Maverick02k
Message 9 of 17

Thanks for the responses but shortly after I posted here I decided to cancel the broadband order. I had read a lot of the other posts and it seems that this kind of terrible service is quite common, so Im cutting my losses and running.
Only have to wait a week now for the order to be cancelled?? Ok well after what I've encountered over the last 3 weeks that's no suprise.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

You are going to have the same problem with any other provider except Virgin, as they all use Openreach.

If your phone was part of the order, then you are going to have to pay cancellation charges, as that had been activated.

You may find that you have to wait 10 days before you can re-order broadband from another provider, you may also find that the fibre cabinet is now full.