cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Failure To Deal With Complaint After Untraceable £200 Payment Taken From Card

I renewed my contract on 14th December, and on my payment card statement there are two payments taken on that day, £9.99 for "BT Sales 1, Durham"and £203.67 for "BT Bill Payment 1, Durham".

I know what the £9.99 is for, and I thought the other amount was to do with line rental saver, the agent on the line tried to do it but said it looked like there had been a problem.

When I got my next bill through from BT there was no mention of the £203.67 so on 13th January I called to complain, and emailed a screenshot of my card statement.

This complaint has been ongoing with the offshore contact centre who don't really seem to understand me, and finally after me asking once again if they have the screenshot, they've asked me to email it. It feels like I'm £203.67 down with no end in sight.

I see UK based BT staff help on here and hoping someone can help me sort this out? I feel utterly helpless due to the absolute failure of the contact centre staff to do anything about it.

Cheers,
 Alan

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Failure To Deal With Complaint After Untraceable £200 Payment Taken From Card

If you have paid the Line Rental Saver, it does not show up on your bill, however you will see a credit each month which is the same as the line rental. Look closely at the bill and you should see a Credit Line Rental Saver -£18.99

The £9.99 would be the delivery charge for the new home hub.

If you are still not happy.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Re: Failure To Deal With Complaint After Untraceable £200 Payment Taken From Card

@sunnysideal

Please can you check your bill, and update this thread. Thanks.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 15

Hi @sunnysideal,

We can certainly look into this for you. However; can you check @Keith_Beddoe's replies for me and check your bill to see if we're crediting the cost of line rental?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Definitely nothing on there, I'm paying my full line rental, so far no-one at BT can tell me what that card payment was taken for, no-one has been able to track down the payment, like it doesn't exist, that's my problem. I keep getting asked if I'm sure there was a payment, even though I emailed a screenshot of my payment on 13th January.

Cheers,
 Alan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Thank you @sunnysideal.

It'll be best if we take over this for you and do the investigating at our end. I've sent you a private message so you know how you can get in touch with us.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Being dealt  with.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

And a lovely phone call tonight just to confirm that my fault has been dealt with and can be closed, beyond a joke. Someone must be having a laugh winding me up.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 15

Hi @sunnysideal I called earlier sorry I could not get to speak with you. I just wanted to apologise that this has not been resolved for you yet. I've got the information you sent over and I have contacted the missing payments team as this was raised to them on the 26th January but has not been completed yet. I will update you as soon as I hear back. 

I've checked and your case was not closed yesterday and the billing team still have this open. I have not taken over the case yet as I can see that they have also emailed off your details and just in case they have an update before me I will leave it with them in the meantime. 

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 15

Hi @sunnysideal The missing payments team have got back to me. I'll sent you a Private Message (PM) as I need some more information. Please can you check and reply to me via PM.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings