cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

False Default on my credit file

Go to solution

FALSE DEFAULT  ON MY CREDIT FILE

BT have finally accepted liability for wrongful billing and closed the account down. HOWEVER after this lengthy process of trying to get them to accept liability I am now having major difficulties in trying to get them to remove the error codes of "missed payments" "under investigation" and now a "Default" removed from my credit file.

I have now been declined for a mortgage due to this error default placed on my credit file from BT.  I have raised this dispute with Equifax and Experian who are also still waiting on a response from BT.  

This matter needs dealt with as a matter of urgency or consequently my full house move will be in jeopardy due to false information from BT put on my credit file.

I have tried to get this matter resolved...20 phones calls in the space of 5 days and expressed how it is imperative this matter gets dealt with urgently. However no phone calls back, no emails of an update, can't speak directly with the Credit File team and quite frankly passed from agent to agent each time to be told "we are sorry about your xperience we will get the matter dealt with"

They have sent 3 emails to say they have closed off the balance and account and also closed my complaints. Yet no response with a credit file update to get this false defamatory Default off my credit file.  Each time I'm told different information yet no further forward.  My complaint hasn't been dealt with yet they are closing complaint case down.

My family's lives have been turned upside down with this situation and there appears to be no resolution despite BT accepting liability for this error.  

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: False Default on my credit file

Go to solution

@John1984wrote:

I have raised this dispute with Equifax and Experian who are also still waiting on a response from BT.  

You have done all you can at this stage, the credit reference agencies will contact BT, who will then investigate and any mistakes corrected.
The premium agencies like Equifax and Experian will then update instantly, free credit agencies can take upto 30 days.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Yes I have at this stage exhausted all efforts to get this resolved.  However BT who initiate an automated voice note at the beginning of every call that "customer care" is the fore front of their core principles.  However their lack of communication, compassion and understanding of the severity of our situation is not being recognised.  They have not responded to this dispute and for some apparent reason you cannot speak directly with BTs credit file team but can to other departments.  This situation is a matter of urgency and the seriousness of the implications that this will cause has not been recognised and dealt with accordingly.

Each agent you speak to provides false information promising calls back with an update on specific dates yet they do not fulfil this promise.

Very quick to negatively impact my credit file with errors which has had a detrimental effect on my health and well being, plus my young family's lived. Yet they cannot resolve the issue with a matter of urgency when they have finally accepted liability.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @John1984,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if that incorrect default is still showing against your credit file. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at your account to make sure that that been removed correctly.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Hi

I have sent the information required on the private message. Finally I hope BT can get this detrimental issue resolved as a matter of urgency.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Hi 

I have forwarded all the relevant information and replied back to your private message twice but had no response.  I need this situation rectified as a matter of urgency as my credit file is due to be updated with the Credit Reference Agency's.  Therefore if these errors and false information is not removed immediately, my credit file will remain the same with the error Default. I need this removed to get my mortgage application resubmitted immediately and inform the lawyers with an update of my position.

Can someone please contact me.  Once again I feel like I'm getting nowhere.  I have also attached evidence supporting my case but has no correspondence.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

@John1984 

The moderators are a very small team, and deal with each request in strict order. You should be contacted sometime next week.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hi 

I understand and appreciate the moderators are part of a small team.  However surely there must be a prioritisation of specific cases particularly if people's personal lives and circumstances are being immensely affected and neagtively impacted with certain issues that should be recitified with urgency.  When BT are clearly at fault on this matter. Continously awaiting for responses from BT online, complaints department and phone calls from agents is simply not good enough.  Time is not in my favour, we are against the clock to get this resolved.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

The only exception that the moderators sometimes make, are for vulnerable customers that have lost their phone/lifeline connection, and are not making any progress with the helpdesk.

Everyone else has to wait their turn.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Vulnerable customers who have lost a phone connection? Seriously?? So it's the current paying customer who gets the priority over a phone connection?? Yet i was a long standing loyal customer with all payments up to date with BT until I moved provider due to a very poor signal connection.  Now my rights are lower down the hierarchy in terms getting it resolved? I'm also not getting help from the help desk or the agents despity attempts everyday to get the matter resovled.

My family's lives have been turned upside down with this error and false information causing severe devastating consequences if this is not resolved.  So I'm sorry I have been extremely patient with BT, despite being told I will receive calls this day and that etc but absolutely no correspondence. Passed from agent to agent. I find this diabolical to say this particular matter would be deemed priority over something that is questioning and bringing into distribute someone's financial reputation which they are not responsible for....BT is liable and have to help accountable. Several individuals personal lives are being severely affected with this matter and BT should not be playing devils advocate.  The customer service has been very disappointed absolutely no compassion or efficiency in getting this resolved.  So I'm sorry "waiting my turn" will no suffice.

0 Ratings