cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLarkinson
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Farsical Nonsense

So on March 7th my colleague received an invoice for his phone and broadband.  This was very strange, as we already pay (and have paid rental till the end of April) for his telephone and broadband through our onebill.

I got in touch with BT through live chat, and was told that even though we are paying the bill, they couldn't view residential lines.  Then I had the same conversation with BT live chat on the residential side, and was told they couldn't view my OneBill, so I had to telephone the OneBill people.  I did so, and off to a foreign call centre I went, only to find out that I'd been directed to the residential side again.  Residential offered to put me in touch with business... 

Business said I had to talk to residential...

So after expressing my annoyance (!) I ended up in a conference call between residential and business.

Business could see that we had paid the rental to the end of April.  Residential couldn't see why a new account had been created.  I explained that I couldn't understand a system where the same telephone number could be invoiced twice for the same period...

They couldn't fathom it either.  So business told residential that they had to investigate it.  Residential didn't know how.  Business told them that they had to inform the back office.

OK, residential sounded unsure, but assured me that they would do this.

I then pointed out that BT would then be chasing payment for the invoice that my colleague received.  Business told residential that they had to block the invoice.  Again, residential didn't know how to do this; business told him; residential sounded unsure, but once again assured me that they would do this.

Roll on to 25th March and my colleague has received an automated message from BT that if he doesn't pay his invoice (for a service that has already been paid for) that BT will cut him off. 

As I don't have another hour and a half to waste going in circles with BT, is there any one out there who has a suggestion as to how to proceed?

Phoning, emailing and live chatting doesn't have any effect!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Farsical Nonsense

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
JLarkinson
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Therein lies the rub.  The phone bill that BT is threatening to disconnect my colleagues phone over is actually a residential bill!

So no, I'm not a business user according to BT. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi jLarkinson,

I'll be able to look into this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings