cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chelledaw83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Feel like moving my entire package to bt was a huge mistake

I currently have broadband, mobile and as of yesterday bt tv on what I thought was the entertainment package with 59 extra channels, bt sport and cinema and kids.

Cinema and kids all working fine however the other 59 channels and bt sport were not available. I signed into my bt and discover I’m on the essential package which is freeview essentially (why on earth BT see fit to charge a £59 activation for this is beyond me, Sky didn’t charge me such ridiculous charges )

Anyway I decide maybe it’s just one of those mistakes that sometimes happen so order the add on through the website to get the channels I wanted. Nowhere during this process of ordering do I see or get a message about needing fibre for this package only the ultra hd states it requires it. The nice man on the phone says I will have to upgrade my broadband at a higher price to get channels I already thought I was getting. Seems like a massive money making scheme and I’m absolutely disgusted. Your website and your phone service are saying two completely different things and I’m now told it will take 10 working days to resolve. Not acceptable and I don’t even understand at this point how it can be resolved.

My advice is to stay well clear of BT tv
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Feel like moving my entire package to bt was a huge mistake

BT are the most complained about pay tv provider in the uk (as reported by OFCOM yesterday)
0 Ratings
Chelledaw83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I can see why and having highly incompetent staff on their phone lines really doesn’t help. They honestly have no idea what they are saying or doing. The person I spoke to even agreed with me that BTs processes and systems are not fit for purpose
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 7

Hi, how did you order your package? On line over the phone? What did the email confirmation say?

Stew

0 Ratings
Chelledaw83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I was under the impression I ordered the entertainment package, I then added Musi, kids and sky cinema as well. The email is saying essential package so
I honestly don’t know if that’s a bt error or mine. It still doesn’t excuse the following problems
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Chelledaw83,

Thanks for posting. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be for you. I'm assuming you placed your order online so your order confirmation would confirm what you would have chosen during the order journey. There's also a confirmation list during checkout on the order at which point you can change it before submitting. Can you confirm if the order was placed online?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Chelledaw83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

It was and the initial ordering error may well have been down to me. My mine issue is the fact it’s now so difficult to add something extra without being forced to take out infinity and pay yet another activation fee. The website doesn’t even state this and takes you through the ordering process. I refuse to pay a ridiculous activation fee of 59 pounds for freeview and then another activation fee to get infinity so I can get the channels I actually want. I really should of stayed with sky. My cousin even warned me not to use bt tv but I thought she was exaggerating. Clearly not
0 Ratings