cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liquicity95
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Feel messed about by bt and can’t get through to anyone who can help

So I feel completely messed about by bt and can’t get through to anyone there who will actually help me and sort this so this is my last resort. I took out my own broadband package with them and I searched up my address and it stated I can have fibre at 20mbp/s, they took al my details and took the contract out with me, fine, an open reach engineer came out, said I needed a new line because they couldn’t T off the current line to the house, then open reach came out (on the wrong day booked through bt because they didn’t notify open reach so I had to take a day off work that I didn’t book) spent al day installing a line, then told me bt had set it up to the wrong cabinet and they needed to change it to my correct cabinet, 3 days later bt said my broadband is ready to go, turned my hub on and it flashes purple saying no broadband working, another engineer out told me bt didn’t change the cabinet like they said they would and he would ask them to do it. He came out again today and bt still hadn’t looked at his notes saying I need the package redone and put to the right box. Now bt have cancelled my current package and saying I need to take this new one out but it will not be fibre because there are no ports left and I would have to go on adsl at 2-7 mbp/s, yet when I looked up my post code on their website it promised 20mbp/s fibre and they went ahead and gave me that plan… I can’t get through to anyone high enough in bt to help me and they won’t put me onto anyone… I have been waiting over a month for this broadband and it hasn’t happened through horrendous communication and now I’m being told I can’t have the speed I was originally promised and that it’s going to take even longer to sort this out (weeks) and to be honest I don’t want adsl 5mbp/s when I get promised 20 and took out a package for that.. can anyone help because I’m now stuck and feel completely messed around by bt here..

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JohnC2
Message 2 of 4

Re: Feel messed about by bt and can’t get through to anyone who can help

Hi @Liquicity95, thanks for posting and sorry you can't get anyone to help you.

We'll be happy to help you and I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the team.
If there are no spare ports I'm afraid that the only options open would be to cancel the order, get ADSL, or wait until a port becomes free or capacity is increased.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Liquicity95
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I will respond to the private message, but why advertise that I can get fibre and agree with me to take a contract out for fibre, go through the hassle of booking time off work and then still messing me around with dates, have a whole new line fitted, to then be told I can’t actually have fibre? It’s false advertising and has caused me to take multiple days off work which I wasn’t meant to and have a line drilled into my house.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 4

@Liquicity95 wrote:

Hi, I will respond to the private message, but why advertise that I can get fibre and agree with me to take a contract out for fibre, go through the hassle of booking time off work and then still messing me around with dates, have a whole new line fitted, to then be told I can’t actually have fibre? It’s false advertising and has caused me to take multiple days off work which I wasn’t meant to and have a line drilled into my house.

Hi @Liquicity95 

Thank you for posting back.

I can understand you're frustrated as I would feel the same due to all this confusion.  I am sorry you feel that way.  Please respond to the message that my colleague John has sent you and we will deal with your complaint that way.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings