cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricmrc
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Fibre 1 & halo 1

Wonder if anyone can help me out, I’m currently out of contract with bt, but still connected. I’ve been paying £69.50pm since mar 2018 for my landline and broadband, and initially the package I was on was £54.50pm, that goes back to 2016. I’ve never had the greatest speeds and was told that if I upgraded to fibre 1 it would improve. I’ve had new hubs sent out, did the upgrade, but I’ve never had regular download speeds over 12mb. The past week or so it has got worse to the point that if more than one device is running on the Wi-fi, they constantly buffer. My wife has a laptop that we can’t use on Wi-fi, because as soon as it connects, every other device stops working. I feel that I’ve been missold a package with great speeds that I’ve never come close to getting, and have been overcharged a fortune for what I am getting. I logged a fault on Monday when we couldn’t be on a tablet and the tv at the same time, and the guy on the phone said that it was ridiculously slow, and the engineer who came today said the same. I have no idea what my next step is, as I obviously need to look at package and get it sorted.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre 1 & halo 1

@Ricmrcwrote:

initially the package I was on was £54.50pm, that goes back to 2016. 

I feel that I’ve been missold a package with great speeds that I’ve never come close to getting, and have been overcharged a fortune for what I am getting.

Back in 2016 it was called Infinity, speeds were up to 40 mbps, it's was BT's entry level fibre, that or copper BB basically were your options.

Openreach later on released the 55/10 SLT and BT gave everyone a free upgrade, not everyone benefitted but it was free and didn't impact contractual agreements, the out of contract price is what you're paying now.

You need to contact BT's Loyalty team and ask for an account review, get on the right package for your needs with a discount to reduce the costs.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre 1 & halo 1

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

This will show what you have and what your line can handle and then you can phone the options team on 0800800030 and negotiate a package to suit you at a price you are happy with

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings