Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dastardley
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Fibre 100 to home install?

Go to solution

Hi,

I have a date for Friday to have the engineer call round to install Fibre 100 direct to the house. Currently I have my phone and  broadband coming via a copper cable from a telegraph pole 20 yards or so from the house. I have had no one from Openreach at my house regarding a survey or to install the fibre box to outside of the house to feed any fibre optic cable through. How are they going to install the fibre optic on Friday as I thought they would have to have the work done outside first? I only ordered the upgrade online on the 23rd so to be having it installed on the 30th is very quick. Do you think the BT girl online has assumed I already have a fibre optic feed into the house? Don't want to be waiting in for an engineer only to have him say he can't do the job. I have my grandson staying with me who works from home as a call centre operator who has taken a day off on Friday to allow the upgrade to go ahead without affecting his work.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre 100 to home install?

Go to solution

are you sure you are getting FTTP and not G.Fast.

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

FTTP can be a one stage install, all done on the same visit. If it is an overhead feed, no problems would be envisaged when the order was placed and no survey necessary.

dastardley
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry, I'm not tech savvy, how do I post the results? Thanks.

0 Ratings
dastardley
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you. That sets my mind at ease. I didn't realise that fibre to home could be installed via the telegraph pole.... for some reason I had it fixed in my mind it had to be installed via underground cable. I can again look forward to Friday now. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@dastardley wrote:

Sorry, I'm not tech savvy, how do I post the results? Thanks.

Just take a screenshot and then use the camera icon in the toolbar to attach the picture.

It should say WBC FTTP and mention overhead feed and one stage install.

0 Ratings