Hiya, I've recently moved into a new build property with FTTH, which is currently only serviced by BT. I placed an order for BT fibre unlimited on the 12th of July. I received my router on the 16th and set it up as instructed, and was told my Internet would be connected by the end of the 17th. It is now the 18th and my Internet is still not activated, with no word from BT on why this is the case. I can't think of a reason for the delay, seeing as it's FTTH and my neighbours are connected with no issues whatsoever. I would very much appreciate any advice or help with this!
you need to phone 08005874787 the FTTP team
Quick update, I called the number provided, and after a long call I've been told there have been a few so called 'exceptions' on their backend for my order, which wasn't communicated to BT. I have been told the suppliers have said that my Internet should be running sometime today or tomorrow, or Monday at the latest. I will keep this thread updated as things progress.
Bad news I'm afraid! I've just had a call back from the FTTP team. Still no luck getting connected. Theres a separate team of experts working on my case now, but they keep running into problems each time they try to connect me it seems. The FTTP team are also escalating my case to see if anyone else will be able to offer help. I've been told to expect a call back on Wednesday, and to hope that it's all resolved by then, however things are seeming rather bleak as to that actually happening on time. I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.
I didn't receive my call back yesterday, so I made a call to the FTTP today.
It seems they're having trouble activating my fibre remotely and at the local exchange.
They escalated it to either a case manager or handler, I can't recall, yesterday. They'll provide more details to the FTTP team about what their next move is and escalate it further if needs be. They said they'll call me back tomorrow to let me know when they think they can get this working.
Overall, I'm rather disappointed in how long it's taking them to resolve this, but hopefully it'll be over with soon. It's a shame it probably won't be till mid next week at the earliest, which would make my activation 2 weeks late minimum.
Oh well, here's to hoping for the best.