cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Fibre optic help

Since my new line for fibre optic was installed, I've had no connection wahtsoever. I phone BT and they say they will arrange for a pole engineer to visit, because this is where the problem is. After umpteen calls and promises, no one arrives, open reach keep cancelling and say I've cancelled it...They've extended the time I can cancel my contract without any cost, so it doesn't look likely that my problem will be sorted and the only other company I can go to, is Virgin.

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Fibre optic help

What lights and colour  are showing on the ONT?

What colour is light on hub?  Is ethernet cable from ONT connected to ethernet 4 on hub?

If you go to hub manager then advanced setting then technical log information if FTTP set to on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 23

Give the FTTP team a ring 0800 587 4787 . If you get normal CS hang up and try again.

Message 4 of 23

Three green lights and the hub is orange since they installed the fibre optic two weeks ago.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

The other problem is, open reach keep wanting to send an internal engineer out. I've already had two and explained that I was told the problem was at the pole and not internal.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

That looks like an authentication issue where the account details do not match the serial number of the ONT.

There seems to be quite a few of these recently.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

When I phone up no one seems to know. All they want me to do is reset the router or tell em which lights are on. I go through the same thing every time, it's like deja vu every phone call. They say it's authenticated, but I don't believe them.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Although you have probably already checked , is  the ONT and SH2 are connected with the Ethernet cable in the last LAN  port on the router , and in the router settings ‘Full Fibre Mode’ is selected to turn the LAN port into a WAN port, and a second Ethernet cable tried , to rule out the cable as faulty ?

To a certain extent, if the PON light on the ONT is steady green , then there is no physical problem , at the pole or anywhere else, the ONT is receiving an optical signal from an OLT (headend) but for whatever reason your ONT isn’t accepted as a valid ‘member’ on that particular optical ‘network’ , this is usually something like the wrong ONT serial number has been entered, so there is a mismatch between the serial number the OLT is expecting and the actual serial number of your ONT , but there can be other issues as well, there used to be issues when the wrong vendor ONT was used ( so for example the OLT being a Huawei and the ONT being Nokia ) but AFAIK , this isn’t an issue any longer .

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Three green lights are on and cable connected as should be. No dial tone for phone or internet. Now bt bhave already charged me for this month and last month at £74..and I still haven't anything working but the mini hub they sent, which useless half the time.

When I chose this fibre optic, it was £54 including line. And they're charging me for an engineer. Is there a different free number I can dial to get this mess sorted or cancel the contract which I haven't completed by having nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

was the internet connection to SH2 not tested by installer before he left to make sure working?

as posted already phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings