Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TEREU5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Final bill stops new order

Little long one but needs expanation.

I am having small problem . I have left BT to a new supplier but I was misled a little by them saying I won’t be paying any penalty charges for leaving (because of the price hike) The 30 day notice passed and I have not said BT I will leave but the agent offering new connection assured me that there wont be penalty for leaving and stupidly I went for it. Because I am on 30 cooling off period I said to advisors over the phone (from BT) I will go back due to this mis-information.

I had troubles creating an order on the same day my connection with BT was ceased. After spending some time with the advisers I was told to try again next few days. 

On Friday 21st Sept on the other hand I was able to place an order  (VOL013-xxxxxxxx) but the order is on hold because I have not seen final bill (even tho my account under My BT said nothing to pay as its paid up to September.

After few calls I was told that I have to pay the penalty fee and later my order will progress and after will be up and running I can ask for a refund of the fees.

How long it takes to produce final bill? I am on the cooling off period and can leave new supplier without any fees but that will run out eventually.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Final bill stops new order

Hi @TEREU5

Your final bill is normally produced 5 working days after the cease of your line/services.

0 Ratings
TEREU5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hello @Dean007

Thanks for that ...read somewhere that it can be a lot longer in which case I would be s....d Smiley Sad Have to cancell the other pronto and finish "hanging" order

0 Ratings
TEREU5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Ok finall bill has been issued and paid but still there is a lot of confusion it seems with my order. Spend 40 minutes on the phone with agents various call transffers and eventually was told there is no bill and account related with me <cry> and they not sure what I am talking about ...

Gave new order which is waiting to be pushed through (was waiting on final bill being cleared) but system is I think in a little loop  (I had BT and cancelled and now again re-ordered) but its placed on hold still and not sure who can deal with it  (at least not 4 ppl I spoke to!)

0 Ratings
TEREU5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

New update. Called again and was told that I have to pay £100 deposit in order to release the order ....!then  should be take off hold ! How is that OK???!

0 Ratings
TEREU5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

had to pay no matter what to get this order through ...but will receive refund after few months......now the agent apparently made a note that after broadband will be running I can get a refund on the final bill (for leaving BT) but no note anywhere could be found by the credit team....arghhh
0 Ratings