cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ziggy151
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Finally up and running - but have been sent 3 of everything!

Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm hoping a Mod/Admin can assist. 

After the nightmare of trying to set up services with BT I am pleased to say we are finally there. 

It appears my previous issue was down to the previous owner of our new house not cancelling their phone line. 

Anyway, thats now sorted but it did lead to the creation of 6 orders. 5 were cancelled by BT themselves and the final one resulted in my now working services. 

The problem is that despite BT cancelling orders they still sent me 3 lots of kit. My original order was for Infinity, TV and the mini connectors. They arrived the day after I placed my last order so I thought they were the ones for that order. As a result they are the ones I opened and am currnetly using. 

A few days later another TV box and another home hub arrived. Turns out this was an order BT created and booked an engineer for. The engineer never turned up (because the order was cancelled by BT) so I was baffled as to why the kit was still sent. 

A couple of days before my last order's activation date I received a TV Box, Home Hub and Mini Connectors. This time the order tracking gave me the serial numbers for the kit. 

Checking back on my BT accounts (I now show as having 3!!!) the orders are all still showing as closed and all services cancelled bar the last one which went all the way to activation. On my current account the latest bill has come through with values that I expected. The other 2 accounts have finals bills all closed. 

Now, what do I do with the 2 extra TV boxes, 2 extra Home hubs and an extra set of mini connectors? I don't want to be billed for them but equally, I don't want to pay for postage to return them.

On a side note I paid £89.99 upfront on my very first order that was cancelled. That money seems to have disappeared despite being told I would be refunded. Can an Admin/Mod help me with that issue too, please. 

Thanks

Chris Glasspool

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Finally up and running - but have been sent 3 of everything!

Go to solution

Hi @ziggy151 Sorry that you have not received the refund of the £89.99 you paid in advance. Neil has checked and can see that payment was made on an account he was helping you with previously and arranged the refund of the £89.99 and this will go back to your card. It will take 5 working days. 

In relation to the return of the equipment please visit www.bt.com/help and type in "return my BTTV box" and you will get the various options available to return your equipment to us free of charge. The Hub and connectors can also be returned by using options 1 and 2 on this page.  

Cheers

John

ziggy151
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Excellent thank you.

0 Ratings
ziggy151
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Just a thought though. If I return the box that was sent for my current active account will that affect my services. 

That box is new, sealed etc but I obviously opened the first package that arrived. That obviously wont relate to my current account as the serials wont match. 

Should I simply return the one I did open instead?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just return open one and keep one that matches your account and avoid any possible confusion

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.