cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Fix the name on the bill

Hi

i and my partner was jointed name on bill. 
But my name on the bill was wrong

the order of middle name and the first name was wrong, so i need to change that because the bill is very important to me. 
May i change it online and how?

thank you

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fix the name on the bill

@Truyentran 

Only one name would be on the actual bill, and that would be the account holder. The account holder`s name cannot be changed, as its their contract. The only way would be to cancel the contract, and take out a new contract under the correct name, and they would be the account holder.

Bear in mind, this would result in cancellation charges if the existing contract is still in force.

Changes to your account have to be made over the phone, they cannot be done online.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Isn't the OP saying his first and second names have been interchanged and would like this to be corrected. If my understanding is correct I don't see why there is a need to cancel his contract.

BT should be able to do the necessary changes without affecting the contract.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Yes,

i am only on behalf to help him to ask for the change the order of the name shown on his bill. Because this was affected to his visa paperwork. He is not really good at English. 
it was A B tran now is just need to fix into B A TrAn as the same on his ID

may you please consider to change it for him without cancelling the old contract

thank you

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

You do not need to cancel your contract to have your name corrected. Call BT 0800.800.150 and they should be able to do that for you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I would suspect that BT would need other proof of ID before any changes could be made. As the contract would be in the person who originally agreed to the contract.

A moderator has been asked to advise.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi 

is it possible for me to do by email and i can attach the proof if my ID and my BT bill

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

If the person is only wanting his middle name and first name transposed you should not have a problem getting this done as it is still the same person and would appear to be only a mix up with the names.

The moderator should be able to assist with this.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@Truyentran wrote:

Hi 

is it possible for me to do by email and i can attach the proof if my ID and my BT bill

Please wait for a moderator to reply on this thread, as they are the only BT employees on this forum, and should be able to advise you.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

He brought that bill with the name was mixed up to the bank, and the bank did not accept it to open a bank account for him

and they asked for the bill has the name shown as sam as on ID. 

0 Ratings