cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Fixed IP

I'd like a fixed IP address, but as we know can't get that on domestic fibre. BUT at the moment Business Fibre - same speed - is considerably cheaper than domestic. Is there a catch I am unaware of?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fixed IP

@GDog2wrote:

Is there a catch I am unaware of?

Some business plans are shown exlcuding VAT, have you checked? that could increase the cost by 20%

This is the residential forum, try asking on the BT Business forum at https://business.forums.bt.com/

Message 3 of 11

Hello Richie

Yes - I know about VAT and yes, I was taking that into account.

I am aware this is the domestic forum but as others have had a similar question here I thought maybe someone would have encountered the downside, whereas a business user won't have had a choice.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 19.00.01.png

Sometimes it would be helpful if contributors didn't automatically assume that people posting are stupid. I realise this may dent the attainment of "Guru" status but the comment really doesn't help to progress the matter.

For example, you might have checked the business prices and seen that it was less.

Somebody on here may have tried this route and have useful information to share. You don't know I haven't posted in Business - I haven't but that's not the point as I was specifically seeking feedback from DOMESTIC users.

So, no doubt I will now get told off for challenging a GURU, but think about it. Was your post REALLY necessary? Did it contribute anything positive?

Yes - I know mine doesn't either. But your post was trite and borderline insulting.

If you think that merits a ban, then go ahead. I can do without condescending comments.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Superfast deal

Full Fibre 900

900Mb

Download speed

Was £54.99

£40.99Δ

24 month contract

£9.99 P&P 

Add Entertainment on BT TV
for only £10 a month

That is the current BT residential offer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Annoyingly I'm paying £64.05 a month

Still doesn't answer the question.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 19.27.53.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Location specific I suspect

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@GDog2 wrote:

Location specific I suspect

I have tried  3 different post codes of friends in the UK and same offer for all

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@GDog2wrote:

I can do without condescending comments.

Sorry what? you asked if you missed anything, I highlighted some business plans are shown without VAT, that is actually a true statement so I have no idea why you feel I was condescending, I hope you find the answers you're looking for.