Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Four month on-going battle to get Fibre

Hello,

I am posting here as I am at my wits end with BT, and I am hoping that someone here can help.

I moved in to a flat on 3rd July 2019, placing an order for Broadband on the 5th July. Despite there already being an Openreach Master Socket in my living room, I was told that there was no phone line installed at my address and that we would need a fresh one installed. 

This took place and then an order for fibre was placed, which was supposed to complete on August 13th. No services went live and after multiple engineer visits (with a few no shows), it was decided that we needed a full cease and pre-provide as Openreach had our wrong address listed on the system.

We had a new phone line installed, and then fibre was ordered. Again it did not complete. Again we were told Openreach had our address down wrong.

I was passed around a few advisors, before being handed over to the Offline Support Team in Accrington. Our fibre order that was supposed to complete on 30th October was cancelled, and on Monday I received a call to say that a new order had been placed and that they would follow it closely and ensure no further issues occurred. I was promised a call back on Tuesday but this did not occur.

Our Fibre order is showing as complete as of yesterday 14th November, however we still have no services as of this morning. The router is having a disco flashing purple and orange and sometimes steady orange and steady green.

I should note that the Phone line is working just fine.

I have sent several emails to the Offline Team in Accrington this week however they have been ignored. I have asked for them to call me but I am not hearing anything from them.

I have raised a fault via the My BT app and an engineer is scheduled for Monday morning, however this is yet another day of holiday I need to take.

Can anyone here help and take charge of this issue?

Cheers,

Joe

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Four month on-going battle to get Fibre

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Hi @JGrzywinski,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems that you have had trying to get your broadband connection. 

Due to the number of cases we currently have sitting in the queue and today being Friday we won't be able to get to this case until next week. I think in this case it would be best for you to call our faults team on 0800 800 151 to make sure that the engineer appointment is needed. The last thing we want is for you to have to take another day off work for what could be an unnecessary appointment. 

Any questions feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thanks Matt, I spoke to Faults and they have confirmed an engineer is required, as the order is showing as complete.

I'm having to take more time off work on Monday to accommodate this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 10

@JGrzywinski

Awh not so good, fingers crossed we can get it up and working this time.

Please keep us updated  🙂

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

So the engineer visited today. He was once again sent to the wrong address.

We rectified this and I also provided him the card with our correct routing on; it turns out the fibre was being activated at the wrong cab/exchange/green box the whole time (hence why our phone line worked but fibre has never activated properly).

He did the work he could, however he needed the updated 'ports' from BT. Unfortunately BT could not give them to him as the job was listed as a repair rather than an install. So unfortunately he had to send the job back to BT for them to action.

After spending the whole afternoon on the phone with 4 advisors and then 1 manager, I have been told that yet another Cease and Reprovide must occur. Apparently my case has been passed to the offline team at Belfast.

The engineer advised that he has updated the correct routing on the system, however is there anyway that I can confirm it is correct on BT's side? When I spoke to this manager he said he did not have access to the information.

What's so frustrating is that the engineer said that if BT had given him the correct ports, he could have connected the fibre today. I feel like the BT services team just followed a script for what process to follow, which is causing me more and more delays.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi Matt,

On Monday I was promised a call from the offline team in Belfast either yesterday or today to provide an update on my cease and reprovide, however nobody got in touch. 

On Tuesday someone from the offline team in Accrington called and advised that it's possible for Faults to process a cease and reprovide in 48 hours and that they would chase the team in Belfast to get in touch with me.

I initiated an online chat around 2pm this afternoon and asked for a callback from the offline team, the advisor promised me that they would call me back within an hour and even cc'd in the manager of the team, however 3 hours later and I've not heard anything.

I've received some texts from BT to say I need to call in to place an order or seek technical assistance, however I was promised that I would not have to chase BT and that the case management team would keep me constantly updated.

What is actually going on? The lack of communication is completely unacceptable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

Hi @JGrzywinski,

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

I'm sorry that the routing was put through incorrectly on your original order resulting in a delay connecting your fibre broadband service.  I appreciate the time that this is going on and honestly, you have raised some valid points. I can understand how frustrating it is having to chase the activation and speak to people over and over.

You can get in touch with us and we'll make sure this is a smoother experience.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

@RobbieMac 

Thanks for your response, however I haven't received a private message from you yet/

Cheers,

Joe

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

@JGrzywinski,

Whoops, not too sure what happened!

I have sent it there now.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings