cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Free Amazon Alexa

Wow BT, what an epic fail you’re having with the amazon Alexa deal. Very clearly states on your own website that an email will be generated after 14 days from installation. Those 14 days are passed for me. No email. Passes around between Value Dept, BT Shop and Rewards Team today and I feel I was blatantly lied to with a healthy dose of incompetence as absolutely nobody knew who generates the email and how to fix the issue. Staggering. I’ll be raising a complaint but before I do I wonder if anyone on here can actually tell me the true facts of how I get the email generated to me?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Free Amazon Alexa

Hi @DarrenL1  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Was this the new customer offer for super fast fibre 2 ordered between 26th April to 9th May 2019? If so you do not need to claim for the Amazon Echo as it will be sent automatically to you. You should receive an email to confirm delivery once you are outside the cooling off period of 14 days. Please can you confirm if this is the correct offer and if so when was your broadband service connected?

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi, I’ve just rechecked the BT website and the one involving an email and code to claim is actually not my deal....so....you’re absolutely right. I guess I have to admit I was wrong here and hadn’t read the website properly. However, the lack of knowledge from all three departments today was staggering!

So, if my deal is the one you’ve quoted (which I think it is now) then I just sit tight and the Alexa will be delivered to me?
That’s much easier. I’m 20 days past installation so it should be in a week or so I guess.

Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hey @DarrenL1,

This is what happens for your particular offer for the Amazon Echo.

Day 1: Starts from the day the broadband goes live, not order date
Day 15-18: The order is sent to the BT Shop. They'll send an order confirmation and tracking reference to allow you to track your order
Day 18: The Gift is dispatched and tracking email sent from the BT Shop to you
Day 20-28: You will receive the Amazon Echo

That's what happens providing there are no delays or any issues with your order. Would you like us to check to make sure it is going to be sent out to you?

DanielS

Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi Daniel, thanks very much for this.
That’s very clear and well described. Very grateful.

So, my fibre2 went live on 10 May so I make it that today is day 22. No emails or tracking references received yet so it appears something has gone a little wrong with my order.
Can I take you up on your offer to check it for me please? Do you need any details from me?
Message 6 of 7

Yes, of course @DarrenL1.

I'm sorry to see you haven't had any confirmation yet. We'll need to get your order details, privately, and contact the team who arrange for the rewards to be sent out. There may be a delay in receiving it.

I've sent you a private message with the info that I need Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi, any update?
Grateful for your help.
Darren
0 Ratings