Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DY2019
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Free Gift

Morning 😊

I took out a broadband and mobile sim deal out beginning of September. On taking out the sim deal I was promised a free Samsung Galaxy A10, my sim was activated the 03/09/2019. 

On the 04/10/2019, I spoke to online chat who assured me that within 5 days I would be sent an email to claim my free gift. Nothing appeared. On the 8/10/2019 I spoke to the Facebook team (also had an issue with my free gift card which was resolved). They told me that my free gift would be sent out automatically and they had no control over it. That they had spoken to the Bt shop and I had been put on a list for dispatch and that I would shortly receive a dispatch email. 

It’s now the 17th and I’ve still not had an email of dispatch for this free gift and looking through the forums, my understanding is it doesn’t get automatically sent out and you have to order it through a code sent through email? 

Any help with this would be appreciated please. I have seen a few posts regarding the same issue and they seem to have had the matter resolved so was hoping it would help posting here to.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Free Gift

@DY2019 

You would expect to receive an email with a voucher code, 30 days after your broadband service was activated. This would allow you to place an order on the BT shop, and claim your chosen gift.

Have you checked to see if you have received this email, as it might have ended up in the spam folder?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 6

Hi @DY2019 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the delay getting your phone. 

If the Facebook team have already got your phone on the dispatch list it can take up to 30 days for the phone to be sent by the BT shop so it may take another few weeks to arrive, I sorry if you weren't advised about that timescale.

0 Ratings
DY2019
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I’ve checked the spam folder and email regularly and nothing I’m afraid.
Thanks
0 Ratings
DY2019
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Morning.
Hopefully it will arrive soon then.
Thank you 😊
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

Hi @DY2019 no problem, as the Facebook team mentioned you will get an order confirmation email with tracking details as soon as the BT Shop dispatch it from the warehouse. The Facebook team work in the same office as me so I'd be quite confident they have done what they promised. 

0 Ratings