cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bagpuss22
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Free Halo upgrade a bit of a con.

I have been on Infinity 2 with no CPI rises, for many years and carried on when my contract finished.  

All of a sudden I am given a free Halo upgrade, which is no different to what I had before, which I don't want.

BUT now I fall into the CPI yearly rise.  Convenient that BT!

Its just a way of forcing people into the new pricing structure, even if they don't want it!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Free Halo upgrade a bit of a con.

Sorry but it's not very clear from your post, have you received comms stating you're getting a free upgrade or called up & changed your package?

If it's the first you don't have a new contract & are not bound to the new cpi rises

0 Ratings
bagpuss22
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

My original BT contract finished many years ago and I have just kept my account running since. I have never upgraded since going to Infnity 2.

I had an email on the 20th Jan stating 'We've upgraded you to BT Halo'. I did not ask for this, its no real difference to what I had. All they have done is added Halo 1.

Then today, 11th Feb, I had an email stating that my prices were going up in March by the CPI rise!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you did not renew your fixed term contract with BT and are just on a monthly rolling contract you will be paying full price without any sort of discount for your package.

You should consider calling BT  0800.800.030 and negotiate a better price which will mean a fixed term contract but it should offer savings over what you are paying now and while on the call inform them that you do not want the "free" Halo upgrade.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

When did you last renew then as the increases would be based on that? To repeat quite simply the free upgrade to halo 1 would not have initiated the cpi increase

0 Ratings