cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KateS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Free Tech code not arrived

My BT services, ordered online, went live 19th July 2019. It is now 29 days later. The cooling off period of 14 days is well past and I have still not received an email with the code to get my free tech (and yes I have checked spam daily too).  An earlier email detailing the timescales for the free tech clearly stated  the code would be send after the 14 day cooling off period and within 28 days of the services going live. You are now in breach of this promise. I was hoping to have the noise cancelling headphones before my upcoming holiday, so am very disappointed this seems to have been bungled your end (particularly as on installation day the engineer I had booked to wire it all up was a no show and I had to  chase around for a refund for that too - this is not the best start for a new customer, people). Looking at the forums it is clear this is  a common problem. Please send me my codes asap so I can get my free noise cancelling headphones, as promised by your promotion of the time, before my flight leaves in Sept!.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Free Tech code not arrived

@KateS 

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

You need to wait 30 days after activation, so you should receive the code by 19th August.

The email saying 14 days was incorrect, and only applied to orders early this year.

0 Ratings
KateS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Email detailing timescales when I signed up clearly states email with code will be sent within 28 days of activation (19t JJuly as stated above). The 14 days is the cooling off period in which you won't get the emailed code (otherwise people would claim the gift then cancel the services).  So the email should be sent between 14 and 28 days of the services being activated. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

If you have nor received the email code by early next week, then a BT moderator can be asked to investigate. They are the only employees on this forum.

0 Ratings
KateS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Well hopefully they see this and can intervene then 😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

If it does not turn up, then post back on this thread, and a moderator can be alerted.

0 Ratings
KateS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Thanks Keith, but if it is nor here by end of play today (I have already chased it with them via live chat and phone to customer services), then it is already past due as per their own earlier email: 

Thanks for your broadband order. Once it’s up and running we’ll be in touch again with a unique code you can use to choose your gift. You’ll be able to take a pick from your choice of tech. This could be a JBL Live 650 headphone, Amazon Echo or Fitbit Charge 3.

There’s no need to do anything before then. You will get another email from us within 28 days after the day your broadband goes live.
Thanks,
Customer care team
Timeline
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

I have asked a moderator to post here. I think that timescale may be wrong based on other posts here.

I think its 30 days after your broadband is activated. You are then sent a code to place your order via the BT shop, and they then deliver within 30 days, but usually within a few days.

KateS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Thanks again Keith - appreciated.  They should not be sending out these emails if this is true however. They should also endevour to honour the promises made to the customer if  they have received such timescales via email! I'm on a deadline with my holiday, else I wouldn't be making such a fuss! I'm usually very patient and give companies the benefit of the doubt... but when I signed up it was with the reassurance from their coreespondence/website info,  that I'd have the headphones in time for my holiday, which is a small part of why I chose to swap to BT over another provider.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Hi @KateS, thanks for posting, the process states that you'll get another email from us within 28 days after the day your broadband goes live and I'm sorry for any confusion caused. As your order completed on the 19th which was a Friday the code should be due tomorrow as that would be 28 days after the day your broadband went live.

I haven't seen these being sent at the weekend on any that I have helped with before so I would expect your code to arrive on Monday at the latest. If its not with you by Monday evening post back and we'll be happy to chase this up.