cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinwburns
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Free Upgrade to SuperFast Broadband that isn't free

After receiving a flyer from BT saying I could upgrade to super fast broadband for free with a charge of £9.99 for a new hub I thought i would take them up on what seemed to be a good offer.

The swap over was supposed to be a smooth transition!!

I was left with no broadband for 4 days and no new hub arrived. This was eventually resolved.

I have now just received my new bill !!  Despite me asking multiple times and confirming this was free and i wouldn't incurr any more costs my bill has gone up over £20 per month for the broadband package!!

I am fairly careful and savvy regarding these sort of promotions and seem to have either been caught out or misled.

The customer service rep has not really been of any help so I am awiting a call form their "manager"

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar - when free doesn't really meant free!!

Thanks In Advance

JB

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Free Upgrade to SuperFast Broadband that isn't free

Welcome to this user forum. @justinwburns 

What date was your broadband upgraded?

0 Ratings
justinwburns
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Hi There

I set everything in motion in March and didn't receive until April after all the issues. This is the AD below.

Best Wishes

JB

Upgrade your broadband to keep up with the rest of the UK. For free.
BT Sport
Hello,
We want to help you join over 4 million UK homes doing even more of the things they love.
Whether you want to keep in touch with friends and family with video chats, stream more films, play more online or just do everything a bit faster, Superfast Fibre† can help:
 An average speed of 50Mbps
That's 5x faster than standard broadband speeds
 Unlimited monthly usage
No limits to how much you do online
 An award-winning Smart Hub1
Our most powerful wi-fi in your home (just £9.99 delivery)
That's why we're offering you an upgrade to Superfast Fibre for free. Simply tell us you'd like to upgrade. We'll then check to see if your home's ready for fibre and get you up and running in no time.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

I assuming you mean March 2019.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

have you tried live chat for explanation  https://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/public/echat/prechatsurvey.html?type=r&webreason=10007&num=98...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
justinwburns
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

I have tried live chat and all I kept getting quoted was the new price!
Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @justinwburns  and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry there's been some confusion with your regrade. You've mentioned this has been raised to a manager call back so we'll take a step back for now but please keep us updated on how you get on.

Cheers

David 

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
justinwburns
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Unfortunatly there has been no call within the past 24hours  as per conversation below.

All right Justin, I'll arrange the call back for you in next 24 hours with my manager who will help you further..
May I also ask for your preferred mobile number please/?
Kevichutuo - 10:38

I think I am left with no option but to go to the complaints department and see if anyone can help.

thanks

JB

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@justinwburns I'm sorry you weren't called back as agreed, I'll send you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
justinwburns
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Thank you 

0 Ratings