Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adam1f
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Free broadband gift - Samsung A10

Go to solution

The broadband Complete Wi-Fi package I signed up to came with 2 free rewards - a £75 gift card and a Samsung A10. At the same time also signed up for a sim card to go with the new phone which went live on 5th September.

My broadband went live on September 14th 2019 and I received my free gift card shortly afterwards however I am still waiting for the phone. I have contacted customer support several times and received different and conflicting information each time - it will arrive automatically / I will receive an email notification.

If anyone can let me know what I have to do to receive this Samsung A10 free gift it would be really appreciated (especially as I'm already paying for the sim)

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Free broadband gift - Samsung A10

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Here is a similar thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-REWARD-SAMSUNG-A10/m-p/1977285#M113582

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Adam1f welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you have not received an update on your free gift. I've sent you a Private Message on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you with this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Adam1f
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks I've sent back some information.

However reading that other forum post does not look good - it was definitely a phone that was included as a free gift, otherwise I wouldn't have added a sim to my order!

It's a shame that the delay and confusion over this free gift is spoiling what has been a positive experience with the broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Adam1f,

Thanks for sending in your account information.

I can see your private message in our queue and we will get this picked up as soon as we can.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Adam1f
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

What has happened to this other than a phone call to say you will resolve it there has been no update and no phone.

Despite saying you wouldn't you have billed me for the phone contract despite no sending the phone.

Getting annoyed by the lack of customer service on this issue!

0 Ratings
Adam1f
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Now resolved but not with a satisfactory outcome. After waiting 2 months I have now been told that I am not eligible for the offer because I selected the wrong sim package.

Very disappointing because this wasn't made clear and I'm now not able to upgrade to receive the gift.

Having read the other messages on the forum it feels like BT are looking for any excuse not to provide the Samsung A10 as a gift.

0 Ratings