Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mmoukiou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Free tech gift xbox or tablet

Go to solution

Hi

I placed the order for broadband and tv  on the 1st of August and services activated the 19th of August.

Still no email about the xbox or tablet. Is there anyone that can help please?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Free tech gift xbox or tablet

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @mmoukiou,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry about the delay in getting your gift code sent out to you. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

mmoukiou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Matt-S 

Thank you for your reply.

I replied to the private message the same day, but still no one has contacted me....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@mmoukiou 

The moderation team are very busy at the moment, and each case is dealt with in strict order. It likely to be a few more days before they pick up your case.

mmoukiou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply @Keith_Beddoe 

I don't blame the mods, I am sure they do the best they can..

The forum is full of threads about offer gifts, that customers have to chase..  That leaves a really bad impression about BT.  Anyway..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@mmoukiou wrote:

The forum is full of threads about offer gifts, that customers have to chase..  That leaves a really bad impression about BT.  Anyway..

I suspect that these promotions have been more popular than expected, and the team that deal with these, are overwhelmed. Also I think that some of the emails end up in spam, so people do not see them.

There was also confusion, as some of the offers earlier in the year quoted 14 days before the email was sent, but now its 30 days after activation.

0 Ratings
mmoukiou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Well, the very next day after I placed my order, I had an email from bt stating that in 14 days after services activated they will send me the code to order the gift which will arrive in the next 14 days. Overall to get the gift, not tye code 28 days. According to this I should have the code by  September the 2nd.. 

It's a good offer and that's why it was famous obviously and anyone can be patient for a few  more days. It was 14 days, we have been told it's 30 days and now  my case has reached almost the 40 days..

As I said, I can wait a bit more, it's an xbox for free, anyway. What is really annoying is that I don't hear anything from bt. At least an email message about how busy they are at the moment and setting a new timetable would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
mmoukiou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Matt-S 

It's been a week since I replied to the private message and still haven't heard anything. Could you please confirm that you have received the private message and that you have all the details you need from me to have a look at my case when you find some time?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @mmoukiou ,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you haven't heard anything since sending over your details. I'll check what's happening and will get back to you tomorrow.

Cheers

David