cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winny3001
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Free tech offer: no email received and no record of gift on account.

Go to solution
Good afternoon, I signed up for the BT TV, broadband and phone package on 3rd March 2019 with my services going live on 08 April (after some cajoling of BT to action or requests). When I signed up, I was told that I was eligible for a smart speaker (I can't remember whether it was an Amazon echo or Google home) and that I would receive an email with a redemption code 14 days after the account went live. I haven't received the code so contacted BT via live chat today and was told that there is no gift associated with my account. This is disappointing given the problems we're have already had with the installation of bt. Is there any way of checking if I am eligible and when I'm likely to get the incentive gift?
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Free tech offer: no email received and no record of gift on account.

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @Winny3001 

The Live Chat people are not always aware of current promotions.

I assume that you did sign up online, as phone orders are normally not eligible?

Once the cooling off period has passed (14 days after the activation date), you should have received an email with a code to claim your free gift.

Once you have received your code, you can select your free gift from the BT Shop here - https://shop.bt.com/other-pages/bt-customer-offers/bt-broadband-march-2019-offer/

The reward card has to be claimed now, if it was also part of your offer.

https://www.bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card/

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Winny3001
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Hi Keith, I initially signed up online but had to finish the order by phone for technical reasons. However the customer agent confirmed that the incentive would be honoured.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@Winny3001 wrote:
Hi Keith, I initially signed up online but had to finish the order by phone for technical reasons. However the customer agent confirmed that the incentive would be honoured.

If you were promised the gift, then one of the moderators should be able to locate the recording. Wait for them to reply on this thread.

They are only a small team, and because of their location, may be suffering from the current bad weather, so there may be a delay, but I will keep a watch on this thread.

0 Ratings
Winny3001
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
Keith, many thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Sorry you have not yet received a reply, I have asked again, as they had  replied to other threads, but I think they may be short staffed at the weekend. I will keep a check until you get a reply.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Winny3001,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry you had issue completing your order online and that you haven't received your email to claim your free tech gift. This is something I'll be able to help you with.

I've sent you an private message with detail on how to contact the Mod team. As soon as I have details I'll get Promotions team to investigate.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Winny3001,

Thank you for taking my call today. Please accept my apology for the delay in getting back to you. The Promotions team have order the google home and this will be with you with in the next 10 work days.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Nicole2909
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@Winny3001 I also didn’t receive my google home, did yours arrive yet? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Nicole2909 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, when did your order complete? 

0 Ratings