cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Free upgrade to fibre

My brother-in-law is on the basic copper BT broadband package. Logging into his account the home page has a banner saying there is an offer to upgrade to fibre free of charge. Great we thought except going through the process of ordering it ends up with...sorry ring 0800 800 150. Here we are told, no it isn’t possible to get fibre at the moment. Why then does it promote the upgrade on his home page? He’s peed off!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Free upgrade to fibre

I think you will find that lots of people get this message, whether it available or not. It could also be that its available, but the cabinet is full to capacity.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. I’ve checked and cabinet is full at the moment. I’ll keep checking. My point is why promote it if not available. Bit pointless eh?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Zurdo 

It's a generic promotion, probably connected to knowing he's on an ADSL connection, and tying to convince him to go to FTTC, however it does not link to the cabinet to know it's full. 

Bit of a hit/miss situation. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings